(MOTI) NQF LEVEL 8
(NEW HEQSF: NQF LEVEL 9)
This Master of Science (MSc) qualification in the Management of Technology and Innovation is targeted at senior and executive management. The programme is based on course work and a major research topic. Candidates are expected to do a literature research on the most expert views of authors writing on the research topic and use this newly acquired knowledge and skills to solve a work related problem.
The qualification is specifically designed to enable members of an organisation to realise their true potential by
- developing them to lead multi-discipline teams tasked to facilitate business improvement and socioeconomic transformation
- acquiring the competence to lead a system (resources) and to develop technology and innovation related activities to meet their business objectives
- providing personal development opportunities for them to contribute significantly to the development of wealth within the South African economy.
People who achieve this qualification will be able to:
- initiate organisational change
- integrate systemic principles in solving organisational problems
- incorporate the management of technology, the management of innovation and the management of people principles into business planning processes
- transform communities by initiating sustainable development initiatives.
Previous Academic Qualifications:
1. Relevant NQF 7 (New HEQSF: NQF Level 8) Qualification
Appropriate Work Experience (years): 5
Employer Support: General
2. Not Equivalent to NQF 7 (New HEQSF: NQF Level 8) Qualification:
Appropriate Work Experience (years): 7
Employer Support: Detailed assessment
Conditions: Provisional approval for admission to the programme on the following conditions:
Evidence of relevant publications, presentations or relevant working experience that could be considered for Recognition of Prior Learning at NQF Level 7 (New HEQSF Level 8).
- Registration for the Da Vinci Research Workshops.
The acceptance of a Research Proposal will convert your provisional approval to full approval into the programme.
This school offers programs in: