The CUHK MSc in Management of Real Estate and Hospitality Assets Program delivers world class and state of the art knowledge in global real estate and hospitality assets. The program of study is based in Hong Kong leveraging upon the locational advantage of Hong Kong as a leader in the real estate and hospitality industries in Asia.
The real estate industry is an important pillar of the economies of Asia and the hospitality industry is one of the largest and fastest growing industries in China and Asia. As the economies in Asia grow, the real estate industries in these economies also grow in prominence. The hospitality industry, in turn, is associated with real estate development, including hotels, serviced apartments, resorts, spas, theme parks, timeshares, shopping centers, airports, gaming, casinos and other entertainment venues.
In addition to the high-quality standardized courses, this business program will specifically teach students how to analyze and execute investment propositions in the real estate and hospitality industries given the rapidly changing institutional and economic environment in Hong Kong, Mainland China, and Asia. This program is suited to students who intend to pursue a management career in senior positions in the real estate, hospitality, investment banking and strategic consulting industries. The program is taught by the faculty members of the School of Hotel and Tourism Management of CUHK in conjunction with experienced and leading industry practitioners. Our mission is to nurture a new generation of thinkers and leaders to complement the continued growth of the real estate and hospitality industries on a global scale.
The MSc in Management in Real Estate and Hospitality Assets program aims to cultivate senior level management in these industries, with the objectives of allowing graduates to achieve the following:
- Develop a strategic mindset so that students are able to quickly identify and assess the critical issues in a complex deal and/or management situation. They would be able to apply the advanced and updated knowledge to solve business and management challenges in the highly competitive real estate and hospitality industries.
- Develop conceptual and creative thinking ability. They would be able to understand the changing macro forces that are shaping the global economy, industries and firms' performances. Students would be competent in analyzing and interpreting quantitive and qualitative data and derive insights to make quality decisions that are creative and innovative.
- Develop interpersonal and networking skills and gain a greater awareness of how personal style and group dynamic influences the quality of leadership and decision-making.
- Capacity to manage strategic business issues in real estate and hospitality from a global perspective and to specialize in real estate and hospitality sector of investment banking and strategic consulting industries.
Admission scholarships of up to 30% of the tuition fee will be awarded to up to 10 students in each academic year on the basis of academic merits and with consideration of non-academic achievements. All applicants who fulfill the following criteria will be considered. Students who obtained/expected to obtain before admitting to CUHK their undergraduate degree of excellent standing from “985” universities in the Mainland China, The Association of American Universities in the USA, Russel Group universities in the UK, Group of Fifteen universities in Canada, Group of Eight universities in the Australia and any universities in Asia (excluding the Mainland China). The list of universities is in the Attachment or Students who achieve a GMAT score of 730 or above.
Academic Merit Scholarships
Students who graduate with top 5 GPA in each academic year will be awarded up to HK$10,000.
Applicants should have an undergraduate degree in any discipline, usually with a Second Class Honors or higher, or an average grade of not lower than "B".
All applicants are required to take the GMAT/GRE and for the Educational Testing Service to send their official GMAT/GRE score report to the MSc in Management of Real Estate and Hospitality Assets Program office (GMAT institution code: R9H-OW-11; GRE institution/department code: R3153_4208). For 2016-2017 admission, GMAT/GRE score taken before January 2012 will not be considered.
- Applicants should fulfill one of the following English Language Proficiency Requirements of the University before admitted to the Program:
- a pass in English of HKALE, or HKHLE, or CUHK Matriculation Exam; or
- a degree from a university in Hong Kong or an English speaking country; or
- valid official score report of TOEFL, or IELTS (Academic), or GMAT (verbal); or
- a recognized professional qualification awarded in Hong Kong or an English speaking country.
Applicants with degrees awarded by overseas universities through distance learning programs or through the completion of a curriculum of short duration are required to provide an assessment report from the Hong Kong Council of Academic Accreditation & Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) on the level of qualification obtained.
Students may not register simultaneously in another course of study or research leading to the award of a degree, diploma or certificate, either at CUHK or any other tertiary institution unless an application has been submitted in advance to the Graduate Division concerned, endorsed by the Faculty concerned and approved by the Graduate Council. Students in breach of this regulation will be asked to discontinue their studies at the University.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 14, 2018