Enrich your management education with technological skills
With the Master of Science in Management & Technology, we created a program that gives you an outstanding education in management as well as profound skills in engineering or natural sciences at one of Europe’s top technical universities.
WHY COMBINE MANAGEMENT STUDIES WITH TECHNOLOGY?
Decision makers with a high level of responsibility regularly face challenges that reach beyond strictly managerial issues. Having knowledge of how technology development and production processes are designed enables managers to assess the situation and make sound decisions accordingly. Furthermore, the strict separation of different departments within a company is dissolving. A solid understanding of how your colleagues in distinctive fields work and think will be key to successful leadership and performance on the job.
The program’s unique combination empowers you to drive innovation and perform tasks at the interface of management and technology – and thus prepares you for your future professional life.
DOES THIS PROGRAM ADDRESS PERSONS WITH PRIOR KNOWLEDGE OF TECHNOLOGY, OR GRADUATES OF PURE MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS?
Both! Whether you want to follow your passion for science and technology while fostering your career in management, or whether you want to top your business studies with education in technology or the natural sciences – the Master of Science in Management & Technology is the right choice.
The program is designed to meet you at your current academic stage. Regardless of whether you already have an interdisciplinary background gained through a degree combining management and technology or if you are rooted in pure management studies – you will be equally prepared to reach the same goal: Become a skilled business leader with a profound understanding of technical knowledge.
The core of the program lies within the two areas of Management and Engineering and/or Natural Sciences. Both include different specialization options to choose from. At the beginning of your studies, you select one out of seven specializations currently offered in the Management area. The same goes for the area of Engineering and/or Natural Sciences: depending on your previously gained knowledge, you can choose from six different specialization options. Students with an existing technical understanding of their acquired Bachelor’s degree can deepen their knowledge in this area (major) or if you don’t have any previous knowledge of Engineering and/or Natural Sciences, the program allows you to gain basic skills in your selected engineering and/or natural sciences option (minor). These are the specializations to choose from:
In the area of management, you can specialize in
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Marketing, Strategy & Leadership
- Operations & Supply Chain Management
- Finance & Accounting
- Energy Markets
- Life Science Management
- Economics and Policy
Specializations in engineering and natural sciences are
- Chemistry (minor/major; German only)
- Electrical & Information Technology (minor/major; German only)
- Mechanical Engineering (minor/ major; German only)
- Computer Science (minor [German only] / major [selected courses in English])
- Computer Engineering (minor/major; English only)
- Industrial Engineering (minor; English only)
FOLLOW YOUR OWN INTERESTS
The individualization does not stop here. Besides your individually selected core modules in the areas of Management and Engineering and/or Natural Sciences, you have additional electives (24 credits in total) that allow you to shape your personal profile even further. There are many different electives to choose from. Additionally, students have to pass the module Advanced International Experience. As part of this module all students spend at least a short period of time abroad.
- Specialization in management
- Specialization in engineering/natural sciences (minor/major)
- Electives in management and/or economics
- Advanced International Experience
- Master’s thesis
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (at least 140 ECTS at the time of application) in Management and Technology, Management, Economics, Industrial Engineering or a comparable program. Applicants must be able to prove that they have successfully completed modules worth at least 25 ECTS in management, 10 ECTS in economics and 15 ECTS in engineering or natural science (mathematics, statistics & informatics classes included).
- Successful completion of the assessment procedure
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 13, 2018