This part-time course meets the requirements of the Level 7 Senior Leaders Master’s Degree Apprenticeship Standard. Eligible organisations will be able to use £18,000 of their Apprenticeship Levy to cover the cost of the course tuition fees. Please visit the Fees and Funding section for further information.
Our Management and Leadership MSc, delivered in partnership with Grant Thornton, has been created to develop tomorrow’s senior leaders. We will help you develop your leadership and management skills with a specific focus on leading-edge insights, commercial application and effective management frameworks.
This intensely practical postgraduate course is informed by both the Cranfield’s Management MSc - ranked 1st in the UK and 7th in the world by the current The Economist WhichMBA? Masters in Management 2017 ranking - and the Executive MBA - ranked 6th in the UK in the Financial Times 2016 ranking.
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of one of the world’s leading organisations of independent advisory, tax and audit firms.
We encourage you to come and experience a world-class university course delivered by a university famous for innovation, career-enhancing services and world-renowned faculty, and a business advisory firm reputed for the quality of its service and advice, with a passion for shaping a vibrant economy.
- Start date: 11 March 2019
- Duration: Two-year part-time
- Delivery: Taught modules (65%) are assessed by a combination of written assessments that relate to a wide range of management and leadership themes, projects, presentations and the occasional exam. The organisation-based project (35%) is assessed by individual coursework.
- Qualification: MSc
- Study type: Part-time
- Campus: Cranfield campus, Grant Thornton, London
Who is it for?
- Early-career professionals who want a ‘real-world’ business education which they can apply directly back into their workplace.
- Self-motivated managers who are keen to enhance their skills, knowledge and abilities, and become more effective leaders.
Why this course?
You will study with a cohort of experienced professionals, build your network and gain insights into best practice internationally. In addition, you will be able to apply the knowledge and skills you develop during the course immediately in the workplace.
The collaboration of Cranfield and Grant Thornton on the delivery of this course ensures you will be exposed to industry-leading education, incorporating teaching from current practitioners, business simulations and one-to-one leadership coaching.
You will carry out projects designed to help you apply the theories, tools and techniques you learn. The course will support your career progression, preparing you to carry out senior strategic roles successfully.
Teaching by Cranfield staff is exclusively focused on postgraduate and executive levels and is designed to nurture your practical business skills and confidence. We place a huge emphasis on real-world challenges throughout the course. You will:
- develop leadership capabilities in yourself and others, in order to meet modern societal and business challenges,
- gain comprehensive knowledge of core business functions enabling you to progress into a variety of management areas,
- develop a strategic mindset to enable the achievement of business objectives,
- develop the self-awareness and confidence to effectively lead, or operate as part of, a team.
The course meets the requirements of the Level 7 Senior Leader Master's Degree Apprenticeship Standard. Subject to eligibility, your organisation may be able to use their apprenticeship levy to cover the course fee, which includes both tuition and endpoint assessment fees.
Informed by Industry
An external advisory panel informs the design and development of the course, and comprises senior management practitioners, reinforcing its relevance to the modern business world. Many of our faculty have held senior positions in industry and continue to engage with industry through consultancy and teaching. They are also supported by a team of international industry speakers and professors who bring the latest thinking and best practice into the classroom.
The course covers core management subjects in a series of 12 modules delivered across five to six days every three months, over the two year period. Alongside the face-to-face modules, 20% of the course is delivered through blended learning. The course is highly interactive and student-centred with large elements of coaching, live consulting cases and business simulations. The organisation-based project commences in the second half of the second year. You will tackle live company challenges, with the support of academic experts and company-based professionals. Modules will be delivered at Cranfield, with off-site learning at Grant Thornton’s London office.
Year 1 comprises seven taught modules delivered over one week period in each quarter. You will also engage in peer coaching during this first year.
In year 2, a further five modules are delivered quarterly. Peer coaching continues throughout this year and is complemented by professional coaching sessions. Between September and February, you will complete your organisation-based project in which you will tackle a live company challenge. This is supported by academic experts and company-based professionals. Following its completion, you will complete your final module at Cranfield which is designed to explore and facilitate the integration of learning between you and your peers by sharing your organisation-based project experiences at a Capstone Conference. This will also help you prepare for your endpoint assessment (EPA), which is a requirement of the apprenticeship standard.
Leadership development and career development activities run throughout the two-year programme. A learning log, delivered via PebblePad (personal learning platform) will chart your progress based on Cranfield/Company experiences, such as knowledge, skills and behaviour development.
Taught modules (65%) are assessed by a combination of written assessments that relate to a wide range of management and leadership themes, projects, presentations and the occasional exam. The organisation-based project (35%) is assessed by individual coursework.
The Management and Leadership MSc will enable you to develop your knowledge, skills and abilities while applying what you learn directly in your workplace. The programme will support your career progression, preparing you to carry out senior leadership roles successfully.
You will work with accredited coaches, members of faculty and careers advisors throughout the course enabling you to:
- Discover and develop your leadership and team-working style
- Identify how to enhance your personal effectiveness
- Work out where you want to go professionally
- Learn the techniques of effective team leadership
- Become more sensitive to situations, cultures and contexts
- Prepare to lead change and face future challenges.
Our Career services team offer: individual career consultations, speaker events, alumni networking, networking workshop, personal and executive career coaching, leadership assessment centre, and more practical skills-based workshops on writing CVs and cover letters and interview skills.
European Union students applying for university places in the 2019 to 2020 academic year will still have access to student funding support. Please see the UK Government’s announcement (24 July 2018).
- Home-EU/Overseas fees/Apprenticeship levy: MSc Part-time £18,000 ***
* Fees can be paid in full up front, or in equal annual instalments. Students who complete their course before the initial end date will be invoiced the outstanding fee balance and must pay in full prior to graduation.
** Fees can be paid in full up front, or in two equal annual instalments. Students who complete their course before the initial end date will be invoiced the outstanding fee balance and must pay in full prior to graduation.
*** This includes tuition fees and endpoint assessment only.
Under the recently launched Apprenticeship Levy scheme employers can fund apprenticeships for any new and current staff with the right to work in the UK and whose main place of work is in England. This programme meets the requirements of the Level 7 Senior Leaders Master’s Degree Apprenticeship. Eligible organisations will be able to use their Apprenticeship Levy to cover the cost of the programme. If you think you could qualify for sponsorship under this scheme please consult the information pages on becoming an Apprentice.
- The fees outlined apply to all students whose initial date of registration falls on or between 1 August 2019 and 31 July 2020.
- All students pay the tuition fee set by the University for the full duration of their registration period agreed at their initial registration.
- For self-funded students, a non-refundable £1,000 deposit is payable on offer acceptances and will be deducted from your overall tuition fee.
- Additional fees for extensions to the agreed registration period may be charged.
- Fee eligibility at the Home/EU rate is determined with reference to UK Government regulations. As a guiding principle, EU nationals (including the UK) who are ordinarily resident in the EU pay Home/EU tuition fees, all other students (including those from the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) pay Overseas fees.
We welcome applications from talented candidates from all backgrounds. Professional experience and personal qualities are equally important to us and each application is considered on its individual merit.
Candidates will usually have a minimum of one-year post-qualification work experience together with either a good degree and/or professional qualification.
Applicants who do not have a degree are welcomed provided they can demonstrate high levels of achievement, exceptional career progression or evidence of leadership potential.
If you are an international student or in employment, you will need to provide evidence that you have achieved a satisfactory test result in an English qualification. Our minimum requirements are as follows:
- IELTS - 6.5 overall and 6.5 in the writing component
- TOEFL - 92 and a writing score 21
- Pearson PTE Academic - 65
- Cambridge English Scale - 180
- Cambridge English: Advanced - C
- Cambridge English: Proficiency – C
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English III - pass
In addition to these minimum scores, you are also expected to achieve a balanced score across all elements of the test you have undertaken. We reserve the right to reject any test score if any one element of the test score is too low.
We can only accept tests taken within two years of your registration date (with the exception of Cambridge English tests which have no expiry date).
Students requiring a Tier 4 (General) visa must ensure they can meet the English language requirements set out by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and we recommend booking an IELTS for UKVI test.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 24, 2018