The Management and Entrepreneurship MSc will teach you how to start your own business, to grow a family business or to innovate inside an existing organisation. It is suitable for graduates from all backgrounds and will provide you with the management skills, entrepreneurial qualities and networking opportunities to enable you to start and run businesses effectively and imaginatively.
The Cranfield Management and Entrepreneurship MSc shares course content, including modules and other programme activities, with our Management MSc programme, which is ranked 1st in the UK and 7th in the world in The Economist Which MBA? Masters in Management (MiM) 2017 ranking.
- Start date: 30 September 2019
- Duration: 1 year
- Delivery: Taught modules (60%) are assessed by a combination of written assignments, exams and group work/presentation. The thesis project (40%) is written individually and submitted at the end of the course.
- Qualification: MSc
- Study type: Full-time
- Campus: Cranfield campus
Who is it for?
- Ambitious recent graduates from any academic background who want to launch their own business, or become involved in managing a family business.
- Entrepreneurs who wish to grow and develop their business at any stage of its life cycle.
- Aspiring professionals who wish to incorporate entrepreneurial thinking into their future management career.
Why this course?
More than just an academic institution, Cranfield School of Management’s world-class research, expertise and teaching, result in practical management solutions that are transforming the world of business today. For 50 years, we have been working with leading companies across the globe, pursuing our mission to improve the practice of management.
Situated in an innovation ‘hot spot’ around Milton Keynes, and within the innovation triangle between London, Oxford and Cambridge, Cranfield School of Management has created an active ecosystem which supports companies to form, grow and scale. We embrace research, teaching, entrepreneurship events and networks, technology transfer and business incubation. We support owner-managers to launch and grow their businesses, we teach students to write business plans and to understand how investors make decisions, and we help our researchers to convert technology breakthroughs into commercial success.
Teaching at Cranfield is exclusively focused on postgraduate and executive levels and is designed to nurture your practical business skills and confidence, and places a huge emphasis on real-world challenges. Our Management and Entrepreneurship MSc will:
- Develop the knowledge and skills required for the management and funding of new ventures across the entrepreneurship life cycle, from start-up through to exit via sale or succession.
- Develop your understanding of strategic management, exploring how an organisation positions itself in a changing environment in order to gain and sustain competitive advantage.
- Develop an understanding and knowledge of a range of practical tools to support organisations in building strategic competencies that enable them to recognise, create and react to entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Gain an understanding of operations management and its contribution to organisational competitiveness, the ‘human factor’ element and how people behave within organisations, together with strategic marketing and management.
You will have access to ongoing support including the Cranfield Entrepreneurship Association, Cranfield Accelerator Network for Entrepreneurs, Cranfield Business Angel Network and the Cranfield Business Incubation Unit. You will also have the opportunity to participate in a range of extracurricular events and initiatives, including Cranfield Social Venture Challenge, Wednesday Business Lecture Series and Startup Weekends.
Informed by Industry
Through our entrepreneurship network, business incubator, open innovation centres, technology park, and entrepreneurship research centre, we have created a distinctive entrepreneurship eco-system at Cranfield. Inspired by this, many of our students and alumni go on to create and manage high performing new ventures and to act as innovators within organisations.
The course comprises nine core modules and three elective modules. This enables you to tailor the course to suit your personal career plan. You will have the opportunity to participate in pitches and competitions, which teach practical entrepreneurship skills, including preparing investment pitches and management consultancy. You will have the opportunity to work with accomplished entrepreneurs, and on real-world international problems, to support your learning. The culmination of the learning process is your opportunity to develop a comprehensive business plan as an individual thesis project.
The individual thesis project will enable you to write a detailed business plan for a start-up or for a growing business, or undertake a research project on an entrepreneurial business issue for an organisation. You will apply your management knowledge, skills and analytical abilities to a real-life entrepreneurial opportunity and demonstrate your ability to research issues, critically evaluate data and information, apply tools and techniques to create a persuasive value proposition, and write a plan or report concisely, informatively and persuasively.
Taught modules (60%) are assessed by a combination of written assignments, exams and group work/presentation. The thesis project (40%) is written individually and submitted at the end of the course.
95% of School of Management students were employed within 3 months of graduation*.
The Cranfield Career Development Service offers a comprehensive service to help you develop a set of career management skills that will remain with you throughout your career.
During your course, you will receive support and guidance to help you plan an effective strategy for your personal and professional development, whether you are looking to secure your first management role, or wanting to take your career to the next level.
*based on those students for whom we hold data, across all School of Management full-time master's courses (2015/16 cohort).
Cranfield University welcomes applications from students from all over the world for our postgraduate programmes. The Home/EU student fees listed continue to apply to EU students.
- Home-EU fees: £12,000
- Overseas fees: £20,500
- The fees outlined apply to all students whose initial date of registration falls on or between 1 August 2018 and 31 July 2019.
- All students pay the tuition fee set by the University for the full duration of their registration period agreed at their initial registration.
- For self-funded students, a non-refundable £1,000 deposit is payable on offer acceptances and will be deducted from your overall tuition fee.
- Additional fees for extensions to the agreed registration period may be charged.
- Fee eligibility at the Home/EU rate is determined with reference to UK Government regulations. As a guiding principle, EU nationals (including the UK) who are ordinarily resident in the EU pay Home/EU tuition fees, all other students (including those from the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) pay Overseas fees.
We welcome applications from talented candidates of all backgrounds and each application is considered on its individual merit. Usually, candidates must hold either a:
- first or a second-class UK honours degree in a relevant discipline
- international degree - equivalent of UK qualifications
Candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered if they have a minimum of three years relevant work experience.
We accept a range of qualifications from different countries – learn more about international entry requirements.
If you are currently studying at a Chinese university, please view our specific entry requirements for further study at Cranfield School of Management.
If you are an international student you will need to provide evidence that you have achieved a satisfactory test result in an English qualification. Our minimum requirements are as follows:
- IELTS - 6.5 overall and 6.5 in the writing component
- TOEFL - 92 and a writing score 21
- Pearson PTE Academic - 65
- Cambridge English Scale - 180
- Cambridge English: Advanced - C
- Cambridge English: Proficiency - C
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English III - pass
In addition to these minimum scores, you are also expected to achieve a balanced score across all elements of the test. We reserve the right to reject any test score if any one element of the test score is too low.
We can only accept tests taken within two years of your registration date (with the exception of Cambridge English tests which have no expiry date).
Students requiring a Tier 4 (General) visa must ensure they can meet the English language requirements set out by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and we recommend booking an IELTS for UKVI test.
Applicants who do not already meet the English language entry requirement for their chosen Cranfield course can apply to attend one of our Presessional English for Academic Purposes (EAP) courses. We offer Winter/Spring and Summer programmes each year to offer holders.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 30, 2018