A complete range of core management and specialisation courses taught from an international outlook.
- For students holding a non-French Bachelor’s Degree minimum
- Master's degree
- 2 or 3 years
- Taught in French & English
- Delivered in Lyon-Ecully & experiences abroad
The right program to tailor your career plans
- Early maker: At emlyon business school we are about shaping skills and talents. It's our job to help you turn questions into challenges, challenges into opportunities and opportunities into solutions. We will teach you how to learn, unlearn and relearn.
- Build your hero's journey: You forge your own path and build a personal program and career plan according to your wishes, interests and priorities with an essential educational postulate: step out of your comfort zone to reveal yourself.
- Creative learning: Creative Learning by emlyon business school gives you a chance to analyze, test, invent and act through experimentation. You will develop a mindset and way of thinking that should transcend your success and blossoming: the early maker way.
Become an early maker
Entrepreneurs, business leaders and experts need to get ready for major disruptions in our world dealing with demographics and urbanization, scientific challenges involving artificial intelligence, biotech or genetics, with new technologies and knowledge & media boom that require creative solutions. Impacts are everywhere, from our daily life to the professional environment, they are changing the way we work and live.
Higher education and management are key to invent and implement new ideas and solutions to face these challenges. You can be a part of it, instead of being frightened by these major shifts. If you seek to understand and accept their importance we can offer you future outlooks and train you to be ready to grasp them.
At emlyon business school, we’ve developed a long-standing reputation as one of Europe’s leading institutions when it comes to research, working closely with the business world and understanding the intricacies of the entrepreneurial process.
Creative Learning by emlyon business school gives you a chance to analyze, test, invent and act through experimentation. Innovation is the future, as historical solutions no longer match with new issues.
As we are a global business school leading you potentially to a great diversity of jobs and activity sectors such as consulting, marketing, finance or business development, for instance, the MSc in Management Grande Ecole will educate and prepare you to be ready for operations, expertise and know-how for a qualitative employability but also and most importantly a mindset and way of thinking that should transcend your success and blossom: the early maker way.
From knowledge to skills, talents & innovation
During your two or three years of the MSc in Management - Grande Ecole program, you will be able to alternate academic semesters at emlyon business school, in-company internships or multi-campus experience and time spent on student association activities at your own pace.
With this flexibility to choose and combine courses and experiences that you are most interested in and scheduling them at times that make the most sense for you, you will make the most of your experience. For those who have not yet decided in which direction their career will take them, the large choice of courses and the flexible program structure helps them determine and test a career path. If on the opposite you have a clear target, you can focus on the expertise and experiences you will prefer.
- a master degree recognized by the French Government, the higher level available in France and renowned worldwide
- a personalized program with a large range of possible combinations and more than 100 elective courses
- a multi-site approach with a minimum of 6 months outside France
- scalable, tailor-made career support including individual coaching with minimum 12 months of professional experience
- an environment fit for digital and knowledge disruptions ( creativity & learning hub & makers lab…)
- the makers project factory to train you by doing and experiences
- collaborative approaches to develop yourself (pass lab with intercultural experience & SPARK 360° for peer to peer and mentoring benefits)
- double degrees in France and abroad
- 3 campuses outside France in Casablanca (Morocco), Bhubaneswar (India), Shanghai (China)
- the opportunity to pursue languages (French, English, German, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Japanese, Italian, Russian, Portuguese) provided you already have some background
- powerful networks with 30 000 alumni, 25 business clubs, 45 students associations and 100 correspondents worldwide
- emlyon business school ranked # 2 in France and # 34 worldwide among business schools & engineering schools preferred by recruiters, Times Higher Education survey, November 2018
Your own Specialization - Your own Goals
To make sure your particular needs are met, you can schedule alternating the academic and experiential requirements to suit your plans.
The MSc in Management - Grande Ecole is all about properly preparing for your future career, and depending on what goal you have set for yourself, your learning requirements may differ from those of your classmates. This is why the set up of the MSc in Management - Grande Ecole allows for maximum flexibility in building your course structure.
Adapt the Program to Your Schedule
During the two to three years of the MSc in Management - Grande Ecole program, you will be able to alternate academic semesters at emlyon business school, in-company internships, exchange programmes at international partner institutions and time spent on student association activities at your own pace.
With this flexibility to choose and combine courses and experiences that you are most interested in and scheduling them at times that make most sense within your entire learning experience, you avoid the constraints you would likely have encountered had you chosen a specialist track instead.
For those who have not yet decided in which direction their career will take them, the large choice of courses and the flexible programme structure helps them determine and test a career path.
Career Compass to Help Guide Your Choices
All throughout the program, you will have to make choices. What timing will you give to your curriculum? Which of the nearly 200 electives should you enrol in? Which aspect should be leading in making your choices?
One of the main things to keep in mind when facing the multiple possibilities that the MSc in Management - Grande Ecole has to offer is your career goal. The Career Compass System has been designed specifically with this in mind.
As each profession requires its own academic and practical preparation, the Career Compass System offers recommendations to match available classes with the student's desired profession. Over forty professions are incorporated, and Career Compass advises students on which classes are essential for future success, and which are recommended.
The Join a School in France selection procedure is open to candidates holding a degree from a university outside France (Bachelor's degree, Licence, Master…) gained upon successful completion of at least three years of university education outside France; the degree being awarded by a nationally accredited higher education institution.
Candidates must be less than 30 years old when taking the Join a School in France selection tests. Candidates may apply the same year in which the degree is obtained.
Application / Procedure Deadlines
International applicants can ONLY apply through the Join a School in France website: joinaschoolinfrance.com
Join a School in France at the Paris-Ile de France Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCIP) organises the recruitment of students holding a non-French degree for an admission in the Master in Management - Grande Ecole programs offered by 5 French Management Schools: Audencia Nantes, SKEMA Business School, emlyon business school, ESCP Europe and HEC Paris.
Candidates to the Join a School in France competitive selection can choose between 4 sessions :
- Session 1: Closing date - October 10th 2018
- Session 2: Closing date - January 7th 2019
- Session 3: Closing date - February 28th 2019
- Session 4: Closing date - April 19th 2019
The Admissions Office functions as the first point of contact for all applicants once they have submitted their online application. If you would like to have the contact details of the right person to help you with any questions regarding the programme or the selection procedure, you can create your personal space and obtain full contact details on your emlyon business school dashboard.
Once enrolled, international students will join the students selected via a French undergraduate diploma and the Bachelor students selected via the French system of "classes préparatoires" and who have already studied one year at emlyon business school. These three selection processes are highly selective, and only an average one applicant out of 7 will have the opportunity to join the program.
Careers services track
As a student of the MSc in Management - Grande Ecole, you will benefit from a dedicated career track which will include workshops, expert panels, fairs, events, company visits, etc... The Careers Services Department provides all students with continual support in identifying career goals and developing action plans. Program-specific careers services include:
- Workshops: Careers workshops help you prepare for your internship search and future career. Self-assessment tools and individual coaching provide you with the opportunity to prepare your next move.
- Tools: Our wide range of career tools help you find out more information on partner companies and sector-specific resources, including databases with internship and job offers.
- Events: Over 200 companies visit emlyon business school campuses each year and provide students with continuous access to the business community.
€17,500 per year
Pricing is for the 2019 intake. All indicated fees include tuition, enrolment fees and lifelong membership of emlyon business school forever alumni network.
Extension of studies beyond the official length of the program is subject to payment of €500 administration fees per year.
Program taught in: