Are you interested in a career in the exciting world of international business? Do you want to work abroad or in organisations that are involved in the business on a global scale? It’s a growing market, with lots of job opportunities, as companies around the world become better connected and look for leaders and managers of the future.
The MSc Management (International Management) programme at Swansea University is designed for students who wish to focus specifically on the opportunities and challenges of business in an interconnected global marketplace. You will undertake modules in global business and international management before undertaking a specialist management consulting style project relevant to international management.
This programme also covers core management concepts such as managing financial resources, operations management, human resource management and marketing management.
Accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), the only chartered professional body in the UK dedicated to promoting the highest standards in management and leadership excellence, the course is open to students from any discipline who would like to work in business or management. Once you have graduated you will receive a CMI level 7 certificate.
We know it’s a competitive world out there. To help you get the best from your studies and get ahead of the competition, the programme also includes an academic skills module that covers issues such as research methods.
Why Management (International Management) at Swansea?
- Open to applicants with no existing experience of business or management-related subjects.
- All modules are taught by our world-class faculty who have industrial and academic knowledge.
- Professional body accreditation, which can help to accelerate your career.
- Swansea University was voted Second in WhatUni? Student Choice Award 2019 - Postgraduate study.
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international ranked research (Research Excellence Framework 2014).
- Swansea is 1st in Wales for world-leading impact - 60% at 4-star level (REF 2014).
- Based in the £22 million School of Management building on the new Bay campus.
Your Management (International Management) Experience
From the moment you arrive at the School of Management, we will work with you to help build your skills and experience to enhance your career prospects.
You will have unlimited one to one bespoke careers advice from our dedicated careers team. You can go on a work placement or internship through the Swansea Paid Internship Network (SPIN) or the Week of Work initiative.
We have strong links with a range of high-profile organisations including Dell and Ernst and Young.
All our students benefit from co-location with the industry at the innovative Bay Campus, working alongside companies such as Fujitsu, in facilities that boast dedicated teaching space and study areas, and extensive IT facilities equipped with the latest hardware and specialist software.
Management (International Management) Employment Opportunities
We have an excellent track record of placing our graduates with major multinational companies.
Your Management (International Management) programme, with its CMI accreditation, will give you the opportunities to work across a wide range of sectors and thrive within this competitive market.
Your next step could lie in any of these roles:
- Business Advisor
- Management Consultant
- Investment Banker
Careers and Employability
Swansea Employability Academy (SEA) will support you at each stage of your career journey helping you build a bright future.
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs.
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers.
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities.
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics.
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
The School of Management also has a dedicated in-house Employability team offering additional support.
During your time with us, you’ll have the chance to:
- Join our Employability Mentoring scheme and get mentored by an employer who can help you with the transition from student to working professional.
- Get the opportunity to speak to our growing Alumni Community.
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our seminars and events.
- Boost your skills and meet employers during our Employability Module, which is run twice a year.
- Participate in our Business in the Bay competition and compete against other university students.
- Complete the Swansea Employability Award.