Do you aspire to be a manager? Have you got great communication skills, are you organised and decisive? Can you be impartial and objective while still getting the best out of people? If you want to impress and climb the career ladder in business management, you’ll need the inside track on how to get ahead.
The MSc Management (Human Resource Management) programme at Swansea University is designed for students who are interested in the human element of business management, from classical human resource management to areas such as leadership and managing human elements of business in a dynamic global context.
You will also learn about management in an interconnected global community as well as core management concepts such as managing financial resources, operations management, human resource management and marketing management to give you a solid grounding in a range of dynamic business principles.
Accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), the only chartered professional body in the UK dedicated to promoting the highest standards in management and leadership excellence, the course is open to students from any discipline who would like to work in business or management. Once you have graduated you will receive a CMI level 7 certificate.
We know it’s a competitive world out there. To help you get the best from your studies and get ahead of the competition, the programme also includes an academic skills module that covers issues such as research methods.
Your Management (Human Resource Management) Experience
From the moment you arrive at the School of Management, we will work with you to help build your skills and experience to enhance your career prospects.
You will have unlimited one to one bespoke careers advice from our dedicated careers team. You can go on a work placement or internship through the Swansea Paid Internship Network (SPIN) or the Week of Work initiative.
We have strong links with a range of high-profile organisations including Dell and Ernst and Young.
All our students benefit from co-location with the industry at the innovative Bay Campus, working alongside companies such as Fujitsu, in facilities that boast dedicated teaching space and study areas, and extensive IT facilities equipped with the latest hardware and specialist software.
Management (Human Resource Management) Employment Opportunities
We have an excellent track record of placing our graduates with major multinational companies.
Your Management (Human Resource Management) programme, with its CMI accreditation, will give you the opportunities to work across a wide range of sectors and thrive within this competitive market.
Your next step could lie in any of these roles:
- HR Business Partner
- Business Development Manager
- Management Consultant
Careers and Employability
Swansea Employability Academy (SEA) will support you at each stage of your career journey helping you build a bright future.
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs.
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers.
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities.
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics.
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
The School of Management also has a dedicated in-house Employability team offering additional support.
During your time with us, you’ll have the chance to:
- Join our Employability Mentoring scheme and get mentored by an employer who can help you with the transition from student to working professional.
- Get the opportunity to speak to our growing Alumni Community.
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our seminars and events.
- Boost your skills and meet employers during our Employability Module, which is run twice a year.
- Participate in our Business in the Bay competition and compete against other university students.
- Complete the Swansea Employability Award.