Become an expert in the luxury industry with a programme that offers a true multi-campus, multi-cultural experience within the heart of the international luxury industry.
- For students holding a Bachelor’s Degree minimum in any field
- MSc in approved by the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles
- 18 months including a 4 to 6-month internship
- Taught in English
- Delivered in Paris, New York or London and Shanghai
18 months to accomplish your dreams in the industry of excellence
- Build your career in a challenging business culture: To build your career, you will need solid academic knowledge and the capacity to adapt to the luxury industry’s high standards. You’ll acquire the basics of management, discover how to apply specialist management knowledge and focus on the Fashion and Lifestyle Industry (London) or the Luxury Design Industry (New York City).
- Benefit from a truly international exposure: Master the basics to the Luxury Industry in Paris, distinguish yourself with skills gained in cutting-edge international hubs: London or New York City and get ready for tomorrow’s challenges in Shanghai. By studying in 3 distinct locations, you will develop a broad view of the global luxury industry and learn how to navigate the specifics of these different business markets successfully.
- Meet the real needs of recruiters: emlyon business school has always worked closely with the business community in order to provide students with quality internship and job offers, as well as privileged contact with companies. Our partners in the luxury industry include Cartier, Chanel, Christian Dior, Infiniti, Kempinski hotels, L’Oréal, Lancel Richemont Group, Tag Heuer, Yves Saint Laurent…
Customer expectations and cultural norms are continually challenging core brand strategies of luxury companies. As a broad-based program, the MSc in Luxury Management & Marketing will help you identify connections across multiple segments of the luxury industry, allowing you to demonstrate that you possess the industry-specific understanding that future employers seek when hiring managers.
Word of welcome
"Customer expectations and cultural norms are continually challenging core brand strategies of luxury companies. To maintain the strong brand identities which are at the heart of their global success, luxury organizations must not only continuously adapt to their clients’ demand for excellence but do so within a time frame that allows them to stay one step ahead of the competition. To build your management career in this challenging business culture, you will need both solid academic knowledge and the capacity to adapt it to this industry’s high standards.
As a broad-based program, the MSc in Luxury Management & Marketing will help you identify connections across multiple segments of the luxury industry, allowing you to demonstrate that you possess the industry-specific understanding that future employers seek when hiring managers.
When working in the luxury industry, you need to be passionate about what you do and try to constantly achieve excellence. Everything you do needs to be excellent and perfect. Excellent in the process, in the design, in the manufacturing techniques, in the distribution, in your communication skills etc… Excellence is also the most common trait of all luxury brands in this industry.
You'll also discover first-hand how businesses in the fast-paced and highly competitive Fashion and Lifestyle Industry and the Luxury Design Industry operate. Immersing yourself in one of these environments that demand delivery of excellence in a very short time frame helps you master fundamental skills that will be useful throughout your entire career, regardless of the global luxury industry dimension you work in. Furthermore, by studying in Paris, London or New York and Shanghai, you'll experience first-hand how cultural patterns affect the brand strategies upon which luxury companies are based.
If you want to develop the skills required for success in this highly demanding global industry, this is the right program for you."
Michel Phan, Program Director & Professor of Luxury Marketing
Careers services track
As a student of the MSc in Luxury Management & Marketing, you will benefit from a dedicated career track which will include workshops, expert panels, fairs, events, company visits etc... The Careers Services Department provides all students with continual support in identifying career goals and developing action plans. Program-specific careers services include:
- Workshops: Careers workshops help you prepare for your internship search and future career. Self-assessment tools and individual coaching provide you with the opportunity to prepare your next move
- Tools: Our wide range of career tools help you find out more information on partner companies and sector-specific resources, including databases with internship and job offers
- Events: Over 200 companies visit emlyon business school campuses each year and provide students with continuous access to the business community (events include company visits, the luxury week, conferences and expert panels, finance careers days, vocation days, jobs to change the world, “career talks by…” & “learning from alumni”)
Being aware of the implicit rules of the luxury industry thanks to a hands-on workshop enables you to quickly understand the specificities of the industry. Kevin Saenger, 2018 Graduate
Graduate employment results
- Employment rates of 90% within 6 months, 45% are directly placed through emlyon business school contacts.
- A minimum average salary of €41k
- Geographic location: worldwide, with generally 31% in France and 32% in Asia for the first job upon graduation
Get to know how to choose the job you want
Graduates from this program will mostly join positions in marketing, merchandising, sales management or in purchasing in industries such as Jewellery and Watches, Fashion, Wine and Spirits, Luxury Hotels, Travel and Leisure, Cars, Boats and Private Planes, Arts, etc.
I managed to land a great job in a company within the Richemont Group. I truly think that without this program, I would have never been able to achieve this so soon. Alexandre Nicolau - 2013 Graduate
Applicants to the MSc in Luxury Management & Marketing need to hold a Bachelor’s degree in any field.
Please note: 3-year Bachelor's degree may be accepted for excellent profiles, including French Bac +3.
Selection sessions run from November to July.
Current selection session is closing on April 1st, 2019.
Should your application be complete, you will receive the admission board's final decision within 15 working days. Please send back your enrolment form within 10 working days after your admission results.
At emlyon business school we take an applicant's entire potential into account. Elements like your motivation to pursue the MSc in Luxury Management & Marketing, your background and career aspirations weigh just as heavily in our selection procedure.
You can apply through your personal space (program dashboard). You need to provide the following information:
- A résumé
- Two recommendation letters
- A copy of an official valid identity card or passport
- A certified copy of your most recent academic degree translated into English or French
- Official Management Aptitude Test Score: GMAT, GRE, TAGE MAGE, CAT (optional)
- English Proficiency test (optional)
We remind you this program is fully delivered in English. Therefore, English full proficiency is required for you to be admitted, follow courses and efficiently interact with the other members of the cohort. For the admission process, your English level will be evaluated taking into consideration 3 different fundamentals:
- Examination of all written and redactional elements within the application file
- Your video interview
- Potential face to face or Skype interview, if the Admission Board requires it
While filling out your application, you will be asked to record a video of yourself using an online platform. Your video will be submitted to the jury directly.
The video complements your online application and aims to increase understanding of what your motivations and career objectives are, and discover more about your personality, interests and experience.
Applications fees for the 2019 intake: €120
Pricing is for the 2019 intake. All indicated fees include tuition, enrolment fees and lifelong membership of emlyon business school forever alumni network.
Extension of studies beyond the official length of the program is subject to payment of €500 administration fees per year.
Program taught in: