MSc in Logistics
Part-time course Degree awarded by RWTH Aachen University
(with a special involvement of Professors from the University of California (UCLA))
The course of studies in logistics offered by RWTH Aachen University and Haus der Technik in Essen consists of engineering and economics modules and has a unique character compared with other courses. The first stage of the course deals with the basic principles of logistics. The following stages are concerned with matrix topics of logistics, logistics networks, and production systems. A special feature is a focus on intralogistics. Elective subjects allow students to specialize in specific sectors. The curriculum develops problem-solving skills in line with the strengths of RWTH Aachen University.
The Master of Logistics becomes more international by the involvement of lecturers from the University of California (UCLA), Los Angeles, CA. Professors from the Anderson School of Management of UCLA will teach courses in English language and there will be a study visit in California for the students.
Another key feature of the course is the integration of key companies from the logistics sector in preparations for and the implementation of the course. Apart from the relevant department of RWTH University, industry representatives are also involved in designing and developing the content of the course.
Engineers, scientists, and economists holding a degree (at least a bachelor's level). The course is especially intended for
- Junior managers embarking on a career in logistics
- Managers wishing to develop greater skills in the technology and management of logistics
- Graduates entering logistics from other disciplines (e.g. mathematics, computer science, business administration)
- People entering logistics from other sectors
Curriculum and duration
The curriculum features a balanced blend of theoretical studies and practical orientation appropriate to a part-time course:
- The course consists of 14 mandatory and 6 elective modules and is completed by a master's thesis.
- The normal duration of the course is 24 months. Students who are employed can determine the duration of their course individually. Separate registration is possible for each module of the course.
- Attendance phases are held in Essen every fourteen days, at the weekend (location: opposite Essen Central station (Hauptbahnhof)), and are limited to a total duration of 600 hours. These are supplemented by an electronic platform.
- The content of the modules is based on practical requirements and covers not only technical and economic but also legal aspects of logistics.
- Apart from the School of Business and Economics and the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of RWTH Aachen University, faculties of eight other universities are involved in the course.
The course leads to the degree of Master of Science (M.Sc.) awarded by RWTH Aachen University, a higher education institution with an outstanding international reputation. The degree lays the foundations for holders to conduct doctoral research.
All modules including material, exams, master thesis, hospitality 26.000 € – travel costs are not included
Admission fee 200 €.
Please note that a big part of the course is held in the German language so that the German language is mandatory. If you would like to improve your German in advance of the course (you will need a min. level of C1) you will be able to attend one of the crash-courses we offer in our house.
Last updated January 30, 2018