- Develop and enhance your technical and problem-solving skills in the area of supply chain management and associated logistics functions.
- Induce current best practice in the theory and application of leading-edge technologies and contemporary management principles in logistics and supply chain management.
- Provide a route to Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) and Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) membership.
The course covers strategies, management, technology and systems aspects of supply chain management. You learn modern approaches to supply chain management such as lean, six-sigma, IT and modelling which are integral elements of the course.
Sheffield Hallam University has set up the first SAP Next-Gen and Industry 4.0 Chapter in the UK enabling teaching and research development with SAP software and Industry 4.0 kit. The University is an SAP Student Academy and a founding member of the SAP University Alliance. Therefore, you will have the opportunity to learn with free access to the SAP cloud system through one of the taught modules.
This course provides the opportunity to select either a project based at the University or a logistics and supply chain organisation.
Within the constraints of the maximum length of the course, it is also possible to extend the project for students to work in an industrial or commercial setting (3 months is sometimes short for training and specialist skills acquisition to a level concurrent with acclimatisation to the industrial setting).
You will have the opportunity to go on a work placement for up to 12 months. You are supported in finding placements and can apply for a vacancy as you would a job. There are dedicated sessions to support you in CV writing, interview skills and job applications. The placement starts during the summer of your second year, and most are paid.
You attend a series of guest lectures and industry visits to enhance your learning experience and to make you understand how theories and technologies are used in industry. Guest speakers include supply chain professionals from manufacturing, retail, health, food and pharmaceutical industries.
This course prepares you for a career as a logistics coordinator, supply chain analyst, solutions analyst, supply chain coordinator or demand analyst.
Previous graduates of this course have gone on to work for
- Caterpillar – the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines and industrial gas turbines
- Dematic – the market leader in innovative logistics automation systems
- NYK Logistics – delivers fully integrated logistics solutions tailored to the needs of their customers
- Tuffnells – leading parcel delivery company
Normally one from:
- an honours degree 2.2 or above in science or engineering;
- an honours degree 2.2 or above in business or management, where some computing or technology focussed modules have been studied;
- suitable professional qualifications in engineering, management or supply chain management;
- a degree in any area, plus at least one year of industrial experience in a role or organisation related to operations management, logistics or supply chain management;
- a diploma in a technological area, with at least three years of experience in a logistics or supply chain related field.
If English is not your first language, you typically need an IELTS 6.0 score with a minimum of 5.5 in all other skills or equivalent.
You can find out more about the country-specific qualifications we accept on our international qualifications page.
- Finance And Marketing
- Global Supply Chain And Manufacturing Strategy
- Lean Operations And Six Sigma
- Logistics And Enterprise Information Systems
- Project And Dissertation
- Project And Quality Management
- Strategic Sourcing And Procurement
- Supply Chain Modelling And Simulation
- Warehouse Systems And Transportation
Duration and fees
- Start date: September, January
- Duration: One year / 16 months
- EU students 2019/20 academic year £7,200 for the course
- International students 2019/20 academic year £13,500 for the course
- Deadline: Request info
About the School
Sheffield Hallam University is a welcoming community of students and staff from more than 120 countries. We offer exceptional teaching across 700 programmes at foundation, undergraduate, postgraduate ... Read More