Modern business practices rely on accurate logistics and reliable, dependable supply chains. The smooth operation of these crucial aspects of company operations affects the profitability and reputation of any organisation that supplies business-to-business or business-to-consumer.
Accredited by The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) and The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS), this course is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge needed by this fast-paced industry. Alongside topics such as strategic sourcing, contract and stakeholder management, and risk management, you also study information technology and information systems. This reflects the revolutionary impact the internet and e-commerce have had on logistics and supply chain management and how they continue to drive innovation.
You also engage in contemporary issues that influence industry practices such as ethical sourcing, reducing CO2 emissions and government policies that affect transport and infrastructure investments (road, rail, aviation and maritime).
During your studies, you will have the opportunity to participate in industry visits for a behind-the-scenes look at successful businesses and global brands. The Business School also supports students who wish to take part in short-term internships with local employers, live business projects or a live consultancy project for the final dissertation (please note that these are subject to availability and are dependent on the student finding their own client to work to work for).
Open to graduates holding degrees in any subject, this course assumes no prior knowledge of business or management and is suitable for both UK, EU and international students wishing to progress their academic knowledge of logistics and supply chain management.
Features and benefits of the course
- You will be taught in the internationally recognised multi-award-winning Business School on All Saints Campus.
- This programme is accredited by the Chartered Institute for Logistics and Transport and the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply.
- You will benefit from practitioner-led teaching by a team with substantial industry experience.
- SAP is the leading enterprise system in the world and this programme provides the advantage of 12 hours worth of hands-on workshops on the SAP package.
Our postgraduate programmes aim to combine academic knowledge from leading research in the area with the professional skills that employers are seeking.
The Faculty is home to the Centre for Business and Society, which brings together a number of synergistic research centres and knowledge clusters and our doctoral school of PhD researchers who work with teaching staff on the design of the programme. This includes the Supply Chain Management Knowledge Cluster that brings together the latest thinking and research in the sector.
- Logistics and Supply Chain Practices
- Supply Chain Operations Management
- Strategic Supply Chain Management
- Supply Chain Planning
- Enterprise Systems
- Masters-level Learning
Choose two from a list including:
- Business Analytics
- Project Management Framework
- Project Management Systems
- Critical Perspectives in Entrepreneurship
- Global Strategic Innovation
- International Strategic Management
Normally a good UK honours degree (minimum 2:2), or international equivalent, in any subject. We will also consider your application if you have degree equivalent professional qualifications or significant management experience.
Applicants whose first language is not English are required to produce evidence of English language proficiency: TOEFL IBT Designated Institution Code: 0240
Overall score: 89
With no individual test score below:
For more information about English Language Requirements
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 28, 2018