This part-time course meets the requirements of the Level 7 Senior Leaders Master’s Degree Apprenticeship Standard. Eligible organisations will be able to use £18,000 of their Apprenticeship Levy to cover the cost of the course tuition fees.
The Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc (Executive) offers the opportunity to study for an internationally recognised master's qualification whilst bringing the latest academic insights and industry best practice back to your own organisation. It has been co-designed with senior supply chain practitioners and is delivered by one of Europe's largest specialist logistics and supply chain management faculty in a world-leading postgraduate-only university.
- Start date: 22 February 2019
- Duration: Two years part-time (consists of 13 taught modules delivered over eight intensive weeks, a thesis project and an optional International Study Tour).
- Delivery: Taught modules (65%) are assessed by a combination of written assignments, exams and group work/presentation. The thesis project (35%) is written individually and submitted at the end of the course (i.e. January of year two).
- Qualification: MSc
- Study type: Part-time
- Campus: Cranfield campus
Who is it for?
- Supply chain, logistics or procurement managers who want to enhance their skills, knowledge and confidence to take on more demanding executive roles in the future.
- Individuals with business or organisational experience in a non-supply chain area who are intending to move into the supply chain field, or have recently had a change in the career track.
- Ambitious professionals who are keen to develop themselves and want a "real-world" education delivered by faculty who are actively engaged with business, and can bring their knowledge to the programme.
Why this course?
Cranfield School of Management was ranked 1st outside the US and 11th globally in the Supply Chain Management World ‘University 100’ annual survey 2016, and 2nd in the Top 20 for Europe, the Middle East and Africa, for providing young people in this field with the skills and mix of expertise required to develop as supply chain leaders of the future.
More than just an academic institution, Cranfield School of Management’s world-class research, expertise and teaching, result in practical management solutions that are transforming the world of business today. For 50 years, we have been working with leading companies across the globe, pursuing our mission to improve the practice of management.
Teaching at Cranfield is exclusively focused on postgraduate and executive levels and is designed to nurture your practical business skills and confidence, and places a huge emphasis on real-world challenges. This course will:
- Raise your awareness and appreciation of advanced logistics, procurement and supply chain practices and develop your ability to critically select the tools and techniques that are most relevant to the challenges you are facing
- Teach you how best to provide effective leadership throughout the supply chain life-cycle
- Enable you to carry out independent and robust research that is relevant to your organisation
- Enhance your knowledge and capability to manage and plan supply chains within an overall business environment in an integrated and coordinated way.
The course meets the requirements of the Level 7 Senior Leader Master's Degree Apprenticeship. Subject to eligibility, your organisation may be able to use their apprenticeship levy to cover the costs of you attending this course.
Informed by Industry
This course is supported by Cranfield's world-leading faculty, research centres and strong connections with industry. Our faculty team work closely with our advisory board of senior supply chain professionals from global organisations and leading academics from the Cranfield Centre for Logistics and Supply Chain Management. Their experience and advice drive the continued development of this established course ensuring that it is relevant for today’s global supply chain environment. Comprising leading figures from the world of supply chain management, it recommends additions and amendments to the course to reinforce its relevance to the modern logistics, procurement and supply chain decisions and practices. Our faculty is also supported by a diverse team of international visiting industry speakers and professors.
This MSc course comprises 13 intensive taught modules with an optional five-day international study tour and a thesis project. All taught modules are delivered at Cranfield with remote study in-between. You will have the opportunity to complete a number of the supply chain, logistics and procurement simulation games based on real-life business challenges, and complete an individual thesis project providing you with an opportunity to investigate an area of particular interest to you and your organisation.
Students undertaking the Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) complete the Supply Chain Strategy and Sustainability module plus 11 of the 12 compulsory modules, and Postgraduate Certificate (PgCert) students are required to study the Supply Chain Strategy and Sustainability module plus 5 of the 12 compulsory modules only.
Your individual thesis project provides you with an opportunity to investigate an area of particular interest to you and your organisation, and to develop your capability to carry out research combining organisational and academic perspectives. You may wish to address a particular problem that your business is facing and create real value for your organisation. Each year, EFESO Consulting awards a prize for the best thesis.
Taught modules (65%) are assessed by a combination of written assignments, exams and group work/presentation. The thesis project (35%) is written individually and submitted at the end of the course (i.e. January of year two).
The Cranfield Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc (Executive) will enhance your supply chain management skills, knowledge and confidence, enabling you to develop your career and take on more demanding projects and roles in the future. The broad course content will allow you to bring the latest academic insights and industry best practice back to your own organisation, or to apply your knowledge from the course to a wide variety of roles and industries.
Cranfield University welcomes applications from students from all over the world for our postgraduate programmes. The Home/EU student fees listed continue to apply to EU students.
- Home-EU-Overseas fees: £18,000*
- Apprenticeship levy: £18,000**
* Fees can be paid in full up front, or in two equal annual instalments. Students who complete their course before the initial end date will be invoiced the outstanding fee balance and must pay in full prior to graduation.
** This includes tuition fees and endpoint assessment only.
Under the recently launched Apprenticeship Levy scheme employers can fund apprenticeships for any new and current staff with the right to work in the UK and whose main place of work is England. This programme meets the requirements of the Level 7 Senior Leaders Master’s Degree Apprenticeship. Eligible organisations will be able to use their Apprenticeship Levy to cover the cost of the programme. If you think you could qualify for sponsorship under this scheme please consult the information pages on becoming an Apprentice.
- The fees outlined apply to all students whose initial date of registration falls on or between 1 August 2018 and 31 July 2019.
- All students pay the tuition fee set by the University for the full duration of their registration period agreed at their initial registration.
- For self-funded students, a non-refundable £1,000 deposit is payable on offer acceptances and will be deducted from your overall tuition fee.
- Additional fees for extensions to the agreed registration period may be charged.
- Fee eligibility at the Home/EU rate is determined with reference to UK Government regulations. As a guiding principle, EU nationals (including the UK) who are ordinarily resident in the EU pay Home/EU tuition fees, all other students (including those from the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) pay Overseas fees.
We welcome applications from talented candidates of all backgrounds and a degree is not always necessary. Each application is considered on its individual merit, taking into account both qualifications and work experience. Usually, candidates must have two years’ work experience and hold either:
- first or a second-class UK honours degree in a relevant discipline, or
- international relevant degree - equivalent of UK qualifications.
Candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered if they have a professional qualification (e.g. from CIPS, CILT, and APICS) together with together with 5 years' post-qualification relevant work experience. Other relevant qualifications, together with significant experience, may be considered.
If you are an international student you will need to provide evidence that you have achieved a satisfactory test result in an English qualification. Our minimum requirements are as follows:
- IELTS - 6.5 overall and 6.5 in the writing component
- TOEFL - 92 and a writing score 21
- Pearson PTE Academic - 65
- Cambridge English Scale - 180
- Cambridge English: Advanced - C
- Cambridge English: Proficiency - C
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English III - pass
In addition to these minimum scores, you are also expected to achieve a balanced score across all elements of the test. We reserve the right to reject any test score if any one element of the test score is too low.
We can only accept tests taken within two years of your registration date (with the exception of Cambridge English tests which have no expiry date).
Students requiring a Tier 4 (General) visa must ensure they can meet the English language requirements set out by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and we recommend booking an IELTS for UKVI test.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 29, 2018