The Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc (Executive) offers the opportunity to study for an internationally recognised master's qualification whilst bringing the latest academic insights and industry best practice back to your own organisation. It has been co-designed with senior supply chain practitioners and is delivered by one of Europe's largest specialist logistics and supply chain management faculty in a world-leading postgraduate-only university.
Who is it for?
- Supply chain, logistics or procurement managers who want to enhance their skills, knowledge and confidence to take on more demanding executive roles in the future.
- Individuals with business or organisational experience in a non-supply chain area who are intending to move into the supply chain field, or have recently had a change in the career track.
- Ambitious professionals who are keen to develop themselves and want a "real-world" education delivered by faculty who are actively engaged with business, and can bring their knowledge to the programme.
Why this course?
Cranfield School of Management was ranked 1st outside the US and 11th globally in the Supply Chain Management World ‘University 100’ annual survey 2016, and 2nd in the Top 20 for Europe, the Middle East and Africa, for providing young people in this field with the skills and mix of expertise required to develop as supply chain leaders of the future.
More than just an academic institution, Cranfield School of Management’s world-class research, expertise and teaching, result in practical management solutions that are transforming the world of business today. For 50 years, we have been working with leading companies across the globe, pursuing our mission to improve the practice of management.
Teaching at Cranfield is exclusively focused on postgraduate and executive levels and is designed to nurture your practical business skills and confidence, and places huge emphasis on real-world challenges. This course will:
- Raise your awareness and appreciation of advanced logistics, procurement and supply chain practices and develop your ability to critically select the tools and techniques that are most relevant to the challenges you are facing
- Teach you how best to provide effective leadership throughout the supply chain life-cycle
- Enable you to carry out independent and robust research that is relevant to your organisation
- Enhance your knowledge and capability to manage and plan supply chains within an overall business environment in an integrated and coordinated way.
Informed by Industry
This course is supported by Cranfield's world-leading faculty, research centres and strong connections with industry. Our faculty team work closely with our advisory board of senior supply chain professionals from global organisations and leading academics from the Cranfield Centre for Logistics and Supply Chain Management. Their experience and advice drives the continued development of this established course ensuring that it is relevant for today’s global supply chain environment. Comprising leading figures from the world of supply chain management, it recommends additions and amendments to the course to reinforce its relevance to the modern logistics, procurement and supply chain decisions and practices. Our faculty is also supported by a diverse team of international visiting industry speakers and professors.
This MSc course comprises of 13 intensive taught modules with an optional five-day international study tour, and a thesis project. All taught modules are delivered at Cranfield with remote study in-between. You will have the opportunity to complete a number of supply chain, logistics and procurement simulation games based on real-life business challenges, and complete an individual thesis project providing you with an opportunity to investigate an area of particular interest to you and your organisation.
Students undertaking the Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) complete the Supply Chain Strategy and Sustainability module plus 11 of the 12 compulsory modules, and Postgraduate Certificate (PgCert) students are required to study the Supply Chain Strategy and Sustainability module plus 5 of the 12 compulsory modules only.
All the modules in the following list need to be taken as part of this course
- Supply Chain Strategy and Sustainability
- Principles of Strategic Procurement
- Accounting and Finance for Supply Chain Management
- Analytical Techniques for Supply Chain Management
- Freight Transport
- Inventory and Operations Management
- Information Systems and eBusiness
- Project Management Introduction
- Physical Network Design
- Strategic Management
- Global Macroeconomics and Business Environment
- Organisational Behaviour: Personal and Professional Foundations of Leadership and Change
A selection of modules from the following list needs to be taken as part of this course
- International Study Tour
We welcome applications from talented candidates of all backgrounds and a degree is not always necessary. Each application is considered on its individual merit, taking into account both qualifications and work experience. Usually, candidates must have two years’ work experience and hold either:
- first or a second class UK honours degree in a relevant discipline, or
- international relevant degree - equivalent of UK qualifications.
Candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered if they have a professional qualification (e.g. from CIPS, CILT, and APICS) together with together with 5 years' post-qualification relevant work experience. Other relevant qualifications, together with significant experience, may be considered.
About the School
A world-leader in management education, research and consultancy for over 50 years, Cranfield School of Management is an exclusively postgraduate business school whose mission is to improve the practi ... Read More