This postgraduate research program will provide you with the opportunity to conduct original research, which extends the frontiers of knowledge in a specialized area of your choice in Life Sciences.
You will acquire the knowledge and skills needed to undertake future, independent research. Graduates will develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills that can be applied in the future.
The program provides advanced knowledge of and training in, research methods that will enable graduates to apply their knowledge and skills as researchers, practitioners, and administrators in many fields of life sciences and assist them in obtaining employment in areas such as education, health, and the biopharmaceutical industry.
March & August
- Full Time: 2 Years
- Part Time: 3 Years
- Academia/ Science Educator
- Healthcare Manager
- Research Scientist
- Laboratory Manager
- Product Specialist
- Sales Manager
- Quality Control Specialist
The MSc in Life Sciences consists of one taught module and one thesis. Students will be required to complete one taught module, namely Research Methodology, before they proceed to write the thesis. By undergoing this module, candidates will develop the necessary skills and knowledge to conduct research successfully towards the Master’s degree.
Students will have an opportunity to examine research designs with methodology as well as data analysis techniques employed by researchers. At the end of this module, candidates will be expected to formulate and submit a proposal for research in an area of their own interest or specialization.
The MSc is awarded based on the successful completion of a thesis. The thesis should demonstrate proficiency, criticality, and mastery in the subject or chosen area of research.
Areas of Research
- Cancer Biology & Therapeutics
- Ecology & Conservation
- Infectious Diseases
- Molecular Biology & Genetics
- Cell Biology
- A Bachelor’s (Honours) Degree in Biological Sciences with minimum CGPa of 2.75 or equivalent.
- Any other qualifications will be considered on a case by case basis.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS 6.0;
- TOEFL 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 80 (internet-based);
- PTE Academic 50 overall (minimum 46 in each skill);
- Cambridge English (First) 75+;
- Cambridge English (Advanced) Minimum 67.