This postgraduate research program will provide you with the opportunity to conduct original research, which extends the frontiers of knowledge in a specialized area of your choice in Life Sciences.
The program provides advanced knowledge of and training in, research methods that will enable you to apply your knowledge and skills as researchers, practitioners, and administrators in many fields of life sciences and assist you in obtaining employment in the healthcare and biopharmaceutical industry.
The MSc in Life Sciences is offered in partnership with Lancaster University, UK. On successful completion of the program, the graduates will be awarded two certificates, making them graduates of both Sunway University and Lancaster University.
January, March, June & September
- 2 Years (full-time)
- 3 Years (part-time)
- Healthcare manager
- Laboratory manager
- Lecturer/Science educator
- Product Specialist
- Research scientist
- Sales manager
- Quality control specialist
The MSc in Life Sciences consists of one taught module and one thesis. Students will be required to complete one taught module, namely Research Methodology before they proceed to write the thesis. By undergoing this module, candidates will develop the necessary skills and knowledge to conduct research successfully towards the Master’s degree.
Students will have an opportunity to examine research designs with methodology as well as data analysis techniques employed by researchers. At the end of this module, candidates will be expected to formulate and submit a proposal for research in an area of their own interest or specialization.
The MSc is awarded based on the successful completion of a thesis. The thesis should demonstrate proficiency, criticality, and mastery in the subject or chosen area of research.
Areas of Research
- Cancer biology and therapeutics
- Cell biology
- Ecology and conservation
- Infectious diseases
- Molecular biology and genetics
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Bachelor’s Degree: A Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences (e.g. Medical Biotech, Biomedicine, etc) or a related field; with minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent
- Other Qualifications: Any other qualifications will be considered on a case-to-case basis
English Language Requirements
- TOEFL: 500 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), 80 (internet-based)
- IELTS: 6.0
- PTE Academic: 50 overall (minimum 46 in each skill)
For International/Malaysian Students
The following documents must be completed and signed if necessary:
- one (1) Passport-sized Photographs Please write the name at the back of the photographs
- Passport size photos must be in sky blue background and the measurement must be 3.5cm x 5.0cm
- Postgraduate Application Form
- Research Statement
The statement should be approximately one page and should briefly describe the research question that the applicant has discussed with his/her future MSc supervisor.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Scholarship Application Form
A one-page personal statement to support a request for a scholarship.
The following true copies of documents must be certified:
- Passport (all pages including blank pages — for International students)/Identity Card(for Malaysian students)
- English Language Qualification (IELTS/TOEFL/MUET/Others) — for International students
- Academic Qualifications/Results (Certificates and Complete Transcripts)(Degree/Master’s Degree/Others)
Please nominate two (2) referees who can provide reference letters about your suitability to undertake the program (preferably, one academic and one professional). The letters must be printed on the letterhead of the respective referees’ organizations. Each referee is requested to seal and send the hardcopy of the letter to the correspondence address as stated below. Alternatively, referees may email a scan of the letter directly to the MSc coordinator Ms. Koh Lay Ai (email@example.com)
Hardcopies documents are to be sent to the correspondence address as below. Documents will be processed once the application is complete.
Faculty of Science and Technology
No. 5, Jalan Universiti, Bandar Sunway
47500 Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
About the School
For almost 32 years Sunway University has established a reputation both in Malaysia and overseas, as an inspiring educational leader. Perfectly harnessing the highest quality of academic personnel and ... Read More