A Bachelor Degree in Architecture, Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, Landscape Planning, Civil or Environmental Engineering, Forestry, Agricultural or Environmental Science. The Curriculum Vitae is mandatory and can enrich it with photos and images. A portfolio is also welcome for students with a background in Architecture, Design and Landscape.
Mission and Goals
A new program in "Landscape Architecture - Land Landscape Heritage" (Laurea Magistrale) will be offered at Politecnico di Milano from the 2017/2018 academic year. The Italian landscape, globally recognized as an ideal of beauty and culture, is the reference laboratory in which innovative subjects and challenges will be tackled with during the program. Landscape Architecture is fundamental both when designing contemporary territories and when looking after and recovering those inherited from the past. The land materials which the landscape architect knows how to shape and to manage are the soil, the vegetation, rocks and waters, their evolution and change throughout time and this requires interdisciplinary knowledge and aptitude. Therefore, the program in "Landscape Architecture - Land Landscape Heritage" integrates technical, natural and agronomical sciences, as well as historical, cultural and social studies. The program is based on design studios and lectures on current themes such as the design of soil and of public open spaces, of the urban and rural landscape, preservation of landscape heritage, regeneration of derelict areas, sustainable tourism and hydrogeological risk prevention. Professors of different subjects stimulate the capacity to work out concepts and to collaborate within interdisciplinary teams.
- Urban and rural open spaces network and parks design studio, Ecology and agronomic science, Landscape and infrastructure design studio (water and infrastructure), Design techniques, Urban and rural soil and landscape.
- Built Environment and Landscape Design Studio, Elective Landscape Design Studio, Environmental Analysis and Landscape Mapping, Economy and Management of Landscape, Water and Landscape, Metabolism of City and Landscape, Landscape Planning and Protected Landscapes, Garden and Landscape Design Studio (A, B).
Landscape graduates from Politecnico di Milano operate internationally with landscape design studios, engineering and architecture companies, public design agencies and public administrations. In Italy, they may be licensed to practice as Landscape Architects by the Italian Professional Association of Architects, Planners, Landscapers and Conservationists (Presidential Decree No. 328/2001).
The application for a Laurea Magistrale Program (equivalent to an MSc degree) requires only a few steps. You can apply for two Master of Science programs at the same time (1st and 2nd choice); if you are admitted to both of them you will be asked to accept the study program you prefer. Applicants of Architecture and Design will have their second choice evaluated only if not admitted to their first choice. Therefore, please select your program of preference as your first choice.
In order to start the evaluation process, you must upload all the documents required and make sure that your original academic transcripts are received by the International Admission Office within the deadline. Incomplete applications (i.e. missing/not valid documents, no matter if online/sent by post) will be automatically rejected. The International Admissions Office will consider your application only if your transcripts are received by the deadline and if your online application is complete.
Please note that Politecnico di Milano does not require any application fee neither to our Laurea Magistrale programs nor to any kind of scholarship. All applications’ procedures have no fees. Only once you are admitted, you will be asked to pay a non-refundable "Administrative Fee" of about 200.00 €, a mandatory regional and administrative tax which you have to pay in advance to confirm your admittance (scholarship recipients included). It will be deducted from the 2nd installment of your tuition fees.
It is very important that each applicant personally accesses the Online Service with her/his student identification number (person code) and password to check the status of his/her application and the communications sent by the International Admissions Office.
Moreover, admitted students must personally contact the Italian Diplomatic Representative to provide them with the necessary documents and information. Not doing so could cause the rejection of your Visa.
Once admitted, in order to confirm your acceptance, you will be asked to pay an administrative fee of 172,20 €, either by credit card or by bank transfer. The administrative fee will be deducted from the second installment and will not be refunded in case of withdrawal.
Tuition fees for each academic year are divided into two installments. The first installment must be paid upon enrolment, the second within the deadlines. The due amount must be entirely paid and cannot be divided in further installments.
Tuition Fees for EEA Students
- Tuition fees for EEA students range from about 895,20 € to 3898,20 € for a year.
- The first installment corresponds to 895,20€.
- The second installment is variable. It is calculated on the basis of family income: students will be placed in different income brackets according to the I.S.E.E. declaration.
- The second installment is also based on the number of credits (C.F.U./ECTS) included in the Study plan.
- Students admitted on the 1st semester usually have a standard yearly study plan between 46 and 73 C.F.U., which corresponds to 100% of the tuition fees due.
- Students admitted on the 2nd semester usually have a standard yearly study plan of about 30 C.F.U., which corresponds to 50% of the tuition due.
Tuition Fees For Non-EEA Students
- Tuition fees for Non-EEA students correspond automatically to the full contribution of 3898,20€.
- The first installment corresponds to 895,20€.
- The second installment corresponds to 3003€. The sum may be adjusted according to the number of credits (C.F.U./ECTS) included in the Study plan.
- Students admitted on the 1st semester usually have a standard yearly study plan between 46 and 74 C.F.U., which corresponds to 100% of the tuition fees due (3003 €).
- Students admitted on the 2nd semester usually have a standard yearly study plan of about 30 to 32 C.F.U., which corresponds to 50% of the tuition due (1501,50 €).
Program taught in: