MSc Investment & Wealth Management is a unique one-year programme, designed to prepare recent graduates for careers in investment, private equity, and asset management.
Taught by leading practitioners and world-class faculty, this diverse Master’s enables you to tailor your learning to your interests and career goals.
As well as foundation and core modules covering trading strategies, the business of wealth management and advanced portfolio management, you will choose from a wide variety of electives and complete a practically applied project or work placement, where you will put the latest academic thinking and business strategies into practice.
Our dedicated Careers and Professional Development Service will work with you to identify and achieve your career goals. The reputation of Imperial College as a top 10 global university combined with our strong corporate connections with global financial institutions, will ensure you present yourself with confidence to the world’s top employers.
During the programme, you will use and have access to Bloomberg terminals, Reuters Eikon, Datastream, Matlab and two bespoke computer labs.
You will study foundation modules in September that introduce the tools of modern finance and enhance your career development skills.
Example Foundation modules:
- Application of Matlab to Science
- Financial Modelling
- Introduction to Project Valuation
- Markets and Securities
- The Finance Industry
Core modules build rapidly on previous experience while introducing new and challenging disciplines.
Example core modules:
- Asset Allocation and Investment Strategies
- Financial Econometrics
- Investment and Portfolio Management
- Mathematics for Finance
Tailor your learning to meet your career ambitions and match your interests through a choice of electives. Example electives:
- Advanced Financial Statistics
- Advanced Option Theory
- Applied Trading Strategies
- Banks, Regulation, and Monetary Policy
- Behavioural Investment Management
- Big Data in Finance
- Corporate Strategy and Dynamic Competition
- Credit Risk
- Fixed Income Securities
- International Finance
- Macro and Finance for Practitioners (international elective)
- Introduction to Algorithmic Trading (international elective)
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Real Estate Investment
- Structured Credit and Equity Products
- Topics in Fintech Innovation
- Wealth Management and Alternative Investments
In the spring and summer terms, you will choose between undertaking two types of projects, in order to develop specialist skills and subject knowledge to benefit your future career. You can either pursue an Applied Project together with an additional elective, or a traditional Research Project.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 8, 2018