The Investment Management MSc will provide you with advanced knowledge of the various functional dimensions of the complex world of investment management. It is distinctive in covering the principles, tools and techniques of both investment and management, as well as how to apply them in real work situations globally.
Who is it for?
- Graduates with a desire to develop their knowledge and skills in investment management before seeking their first professional role.
- Professionals with work experience in the investment industry who are seeking to take their career to the next level.
- Individuals who want to be taught by faculty who have experience in business and industry and can bring their knowledge to the programme.
Why this course?
More than just an academic institution, Cranfield School of Management’s world-class research, expertise and teaching result in practical management solutions that are transforming the world of business today. For 50 years, we have been working with leading companies across the globe, pursuing our mission to improve the practice of management.
Our Investment Management MSc is distinctive in covering the principles, tools and techniques of investment management, as well as how to apply them in real work situations. You will gain an in-depth understanding of financial and management accounting, economics, international financial markets, statistical analysis, financial modelling, investment and portfolio management and derivatives and financial risk management.
The programme of study is distinct and unique in the way that it provides a link between the School and the business community. You will be taught by faculty with experience of the real world of finance and business, together with practitioners from different areas of finance.
Modules focus on real-world challenges and include a combination of case studies, participative exercises, interactive lectures and group projects. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and get ready to face the professional world through attendance at regular seminars and speeches.
Our classes are small and each academic tutor has no more than five students in any one cohort, ensuring close contact continuous interaction.
The course will prepare you for roles in the investment industry such as portfolio management, hedge-fund specialist, investment specialist, trader, fund management, risk management, security analyst, broker or corporate treasurer. High standard content and fruitful discussions about its application within different cultures and geographical areas prepare you for working in every part of our increasingly globalised world.
The course comprises 10 core modules and four elective modules. This enables you to tailor the programme of study to suit your personal career plan. Throughout the course, you will have access to a highly effective infrastructure including Bloomberg live financial news and data, BoardEx, CRSP data, DataStream, EBSCO, FAME, Fitch Connect, SDC Platinum and Thomson One resources. You will use real-world, international case studies to support your learning. The culmination of the learning process is your opportunity to undertake an empirical research project for your individual thesis.Compulsory modules
All the modules in the following list need to be taken as part of this course:
- Corporate Finance
- Statistical Analysis for Finance
- Organisational Management
- Economics for Financial Markets
- Valuation and Financial Modelling
- Financial Markets Regulation and Ethics
- Research Methods in Finance
- Investment and Portfolio Management
- Derivatives and Financial Risk Management
A selection of modules from the following list needs to be taken as part of this course:
- Applied Financial Econometrics
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Fund Management
- Fixed Interest Securities
- Technical Analysis and Trading Systems
- International Investment and Emerging Markets
- Corporate Restructuring
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Strategic Management Accounting and Control
- Infrastructure Finance
- Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies and Smart Contracts
- Big Data Management and Cybersecurity
We welcome applications from talented candidates of all backgrounds and each application is considered on its individual merit. Usually, candidates must hold either a:
- first or a second class the UK honours degree in a relevant discipline, or
- international degree, an equivalent of UK qualifications.
Candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered if they have a professional qualification (e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA) together with 5 years' post-qualification relevant work experience. Other relevant qualifications, together with significant experience, may be considered.
About the School
A world-leader in management education, research and consultancy for over 50 years, Cranfield School of Management is an exclusively postgraduate business school whose mission is to improve the practi ... Read More