The Master Program Internet of Things (I.o.T.) is a master program of the federal University of Bourgogne Franche-Comté (UBFC). It aims to train high-level specialists in the design, development and deployment of mobile and distributed solutions integrating connected objects.
According to CAGR, the Internet of Things market will reach 560 billion dollars by 2022 and will grow by more than 20% per year. This market is currently $170 billion. From a technical point of view, I.o.T. is at the intersection of network, cloud computing, big data, mobile development technologies and embedded distributed computing. Many practical applications exist ranging from monitoring wind turbines to voice assistants like Alexa and Google Home through autonomous vehicles.
The I.o.T. master program is an international master whose courses are all taught in English. A large number of Teaching Units (UE) are shared with UEs of the engineering cycle of the University of Technology of Belfort-Montbéliard (UTBM). The international dimension of the master allows offering a wide range of experiences abroad for registered students (internships, semesters of studies, etc.). This international openness is based on the many partners, both academic and industrial of UBFC.
Big data, Cloud Computing, I.o.T. mobile applications, Machine learning, Security, Sensors and Sensor Networks, Indoor Localization.
- Design, develop and deploy mobile and distributed applications and infrastructures.
- Design prototypes and create mobile applications.
- Design and build distributed and multi-core applications.
- Design tools and deep-learning approaches for processing and analyzing Big data.
- Use the main development environments: Android, J2E, and IOS.
- Program modular robots for programmable material.
- Consider security in connected object systems.
The I.o.T. master program will offer a whole set of courses (including a part shared with the UTBM engineers’ courses) aimed at training high-level specialists in distributed computing, network technologies, big data, cloud computing, and development of mobile applications. The program also leaves an important place for complementary courses in management, entrepreneurship, and French culture.
Semester 1 Fall (October – January)
- Advanced algorithmic (Acquire skills on advanced algorithmic, Data structures, Routing algorithms, Geometric algorithms, Parallel algorithms, Algorithm analysis)
- Mobile development (Design, development and deployment of I.o.T. and mobile applications)
- Infrastructure and routing for connected objects (Explore the architecture and key equipment for objects communication and routing protocols for I.o.T.)
- Data mining (basics of big data and machine learning tools)
- Team management and communication
Semester 2 Spring (February – June)
- Radio networks (Acquire the skills on the technical and functional specifications of the mobile networks GSM/GPRS/EDGE (2G), UMTS (3G) and LTE (4G))
- Positioning systems: techniques and applications (geographic information system, Indoor positioning systems, GPS positioning, etc.)
- Embedded systems (Understand the low-level aspects necessary for the development of embedded computing, integration of software modules (operating systems, drivers))
- Cloud infrastructure and virtualization (cloud computing issues, cloud concepts and aspects of security, data protection, backup, elasticity, fault tolerance, deployment, virtualization)
- Foreign Language
- The mini-project at the lab
Semester 3 Fall (October – January)
- You must choose 2 blocks among the 3
- Deep learning (D.L.) for I.o.T. ( general ideas behind D.L., Design some DLarchitectures, the link between data of I.o.T. and D.L. )
- Security for connected objects
- Mobility in smart cities (design mobility, dynamic, and location-based services)
- Modular robots programming and swarm robotics (Introduction to distributed algorithmics dedicated for programming modular robots, MELD)
- Agent-based Modeling and Simulation for I.o.T. (Computer Simulation and Agent-based Simulation, incomes and outcomes of a simulation scenario, etc)
- Perception and interactions for I.o.T. (avec GUI) (Describe the different types of sensors, their behavior, and their limitations, design and develop algorithms for data processing, data analysis, and data fusion)
- Main Research Project
- Team Management and Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Semester 4 Spring (February – June)
- Research Internship
University Bourgogne Franche – Comté offers scholarships of excellence (800 euros per month) to high-quality foreign students. As an international postgraduate you will have access to a wide range of funding programs (Grants from French embassies, AUF bursaries, etc.).
- To be eligible, candidates need Bachelor’s Degree (minimum 3 years of higher education) in computer science or applied mathematics.
- Certified B2 level in English.
For the Master 2 degree, the candidates need:
- A 4-years Bachelor’s Degree (minimum of 3 years of higher education) in Computer Science or Applied Mathematics.
- Certified B2 level in English.
- For all candidates : apply via eCandidate
Tutorial for application
- Opening date : 15th January 2020
- Deadline: 19th June 2020
ALL applications should been made through the above mentionned website no matter if you are from a European country, a Campus France country, or any other country worldwide. The applications should NOT be made on Campus France website since our university is not connected to Campus France platform.
Once selected only :
- students coming from a Campus France country : you will be required to make your visa application on the « Etudes en France » website following the 3rd option « I am accepted ». Download here the guide with the instructions for Campus France procedure to follow
- students coming from any other country : you need to contact the closest French Embassy
- non European student, living in a European country : you will need to contact the French Embassy located close to your place of residence.
Countries with a Campus France office :
Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Gabon, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ivory Coast, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Peru, Republic of Chad, Republic of the Congo, Republic of Guinea (Guinea-Conakry), Russia, Senegal, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, USA, Vietnam.
About the School
Université Bourgogne Franche-Comté (UBFC) is a public university federating 7 Higher Education and Research (HER) Institutions operating in the Bourgogne - Franche-Comté (BFC) Region. Its strategic go ... Read More