MSc Internet, Mobile Systems, and Applications is a future-oriented Masters course.
You’ll develop technical knowledge of advanced topics such as wireless mobile networking, open-based networking, cloud computing and next-generation media networking technologies. This focus on emerging and near-future technologies will prepare you for a career in the dynamic business and ICT industries.
All taught modules to contain both theoretical knowledge and practical skills, and guest lecturers from industry will provide critical insight into the IT and technology sectors. You’ll have the chance to work in our R&D lab, which is equipped with latest tools and technologies to allow to develop your hands-on skills.
Key course information - ordered by mode
|Full-time||1 year||January; September||Southwark Campus|
|Part-time||2 years||September||Southwark Campus|
- Research methods and professional issues
- Future internet technologies
- Statistical analysis and modeling
- Systems and cyber threats: vulnerabilities and countermeasures
- Wireless and mobile networking
- Media (VoIP/Video) technologies
- MSc thesis
All modules are assessed by a mix of coursework and examinations.
The course will prepare graduates for a variety of roles including:
- Cloud architecture: responsible for developing, designing and implementing scalable, secure and reliable multimedia cloud-based infrastructure and platforms.
- Mobile software engineer: responsible for designing and developing software modules for mobile distributed systems and applications that integrate with cloud service providers.
- Data center manager: responsible for the implementation and maintenance of enterprise-shared virtualized infrastructure and platforms services.
- Multimedia application developer: responsible for designing and developing software solutions requiring skills in the areas of VoIP and video technologies, systems and applications that integrate with cloud service providers.
We are the University of the Year for Graduate Employment - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
At LSBU, we want to set you up for a successful career. During your studies – and for two years after you graduate – you’ll have access to our Employability Service, which includes:
- An online board where you can see a wide range of placements: part-time, full-time or voluntary. You can also drop in to see our Job Shop advisers, who are always available to help you take the next step in your search.
- Our Careers Gym offering group workshops on CVs, interview techniques and finding work experience, as well as regular presentations from employers across a range of sectors.
Our Student Enterprise team can also help you start your own business and develop valuable entrepreneurial skills.
You are encouraged to actively seek placements, work experience, and voluntary work during your studies to improve your CV and to give you the opportunity to put theory into practice. Many opportunities are offered through the University's central Employability team, who can support you in finding a placement.
Teaching and learning
You'll make use of our e-learning suite and learn in a combination of lectures, seminars, workshops and private study.
Our R&D lab equipped with latest tools and technologies, providing you with opportunities to develop hands-on skills and practice latest technologies in the area of wireless-mobile networking, open-based networking, cloud computing and next-generation media networking technologies.
- 2:2 UK honors first degree or international equivalent in a relevant subject; or
- A Higher National Diploma in a relevant subject and a minimum of three years relevant professional experience; or
- We recognize that many people have a wealth of valuable skills and knowledge they've developed at work or through training. If candidates have the potential to succeed in postgraduate or post-experience studies we'll consider their application on its individual merit. Applications may be considered where candidates demonstrate a combination of educational qualifications and work experience.
- We welcome qualifications from around the world. English language qualifications for international students: IELTS score of 6.5.
All modules are subject to change by the university and may differ from the modules you are offered during your studies.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 8, 2018