MSc in International Shipping and Transport Logistics
Available scholarship: MSc in International Shipping and Transport Logistics (Full-time) for the Hong Kong Maritime and Logistics Scholarship Scheme
The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HK Government ) has set up the Hong Kong Maritime and Logistics Scholarship Scheme (Scholarship) in PolyU to support students enrolled on the MSc in International Shipping and Transport Logistics programme (Full-time Stream) (39 academic credits + 6 training credits). The Scholarship aims to expand the manpower of the maritime industry in Hong Kong.
- Candidates are required to submit applications for the programme and the Scholarship through the eAdmission System.
- In this Full-time Stream, most classes are scheduled for weekday evenings.
- Full-time students should take at least 3 subjects (i.e. 9 credits) in each regular semester.
Local, Mainland China and overseas graduates wishing to enroll on the full-time stream under MScISTL programme offered by the Department of Logistics and Maritime Studies of PolyU, and having met the following entrance requirements of the programme.
A Bachelor's degree in any discipline.
Mainland China and Overseas Applicants
A Bachelor's degree in International Shipping or Maritime Studies or other relevant disciplines with:
- English being the Medium of Instruction; or
- English not being the Medium of Instruction, then applicants are also required to meet either one of the following requirements:
- An IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6; or
- A TOEFL Paper-based test score of at least 550, including a score of at least 4.5 in the Test of Written English; or
- A TOEFL Internet-based test score of at least 80, including a score of at least 20 in the Test of Written English.
- Academic merit;
- Commitment to undertaking the full-time stream of the programme with 39 academic credits and 6 training credits of Maritime Industry Internship (exemption may be granted to local scholarship recipients with relevant internship/work experience);
- Commitment to serving in the maritime industry in Hong Kong.
Graduates of the MSc in International Shipping and Transport Logistics have been granted full exemption from the Qualifying Examination of The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport in Hong Kong.
MSc in International Shipping and Transport Logistics (Mixed-mode) (33 credits)The MSc/PgD in International Shipping and Transport Logistics is a unique postgraduate programme in Hong Kong. It particularly focuses on the highly specialized field of shipping and logistics and its curriculum has been developed in association with many leading experts from Hong Kong's shipping and logistics industries. As a result, the programme embodies a sound balance between academic theory and professional practice. The combination of compulsory subjects with a choice of electives reflects the multidisciplinary nature of the business and the diversity of the career paths students in the programme can pursue. Students can enjoy the flexibility of studying the programme at their own pace, with classes taking place mostly on weekday evenings and weekends throughout an academic year, including an optional Summer Term.
For the MSc: Students have to complete 33 credits (5 Compulsory Subjects + 6 Elective Subjects). In terms of Elective Subjects,students may opt for a 9-credit Dissertation plus 3 Electives or a 6-credit Project plus 4 Electives.
For the PgD: Students have to complete 18 credits (5 Compulsory Subjects + 1 Elective Subject)
The tuition fee is HK$148,500 per programme for local MSc (33 credits) students and HK$81,000 per programme for local PgD (18 credits) students.
The tuition fee is HK$198,000 per programme for non-local MSc (33 credits) students and HK$108,000 per programme for non-local PgD (18 credits) students.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 5, 2016