MSc International Real Estate is open to graduates with a relevant degree, who want to develop a career in the international real estate. Many real estate occupiers, consultancies, and investors now operate increasingly on a global basis and this course seeks to service this market. You'll learn about international differences in valuation, finance and property management matters as well as being introduced to business cultures within the international setting.
The curriculum for this programme is focused on the traditional components of real estate but from an international perspective. This is developed through modules on international valuation and international finance, which build knowledge that is applicable the world over.
You will have the opportunity to develop specialist knowledge by choosing one option module from a rich variety of construction and property-orientated modules available to all postgraduate students. Additionally, you'll study and apply research methods as part of your dissertation.
Key course information - ordered by mode
|Full-time||1 year||September||Southwark Campus|
|Part-time||2 years||September||Southwark Campus|
- Real estate economics and finance
- International valuations and property management
- International property finance
- Corporate real estate management
- Property investment appraisal
Please be aware that option selection is subject to availability.
- Behavioral finance
- Building control
- Building Information Modelling and collaborative working
- Management of health and safety in construction
- History of architecture and construction
- International real estate and construction
- Legal resolution of property and construction disputes
It is expected that successful students will work as valuers, property managers, agents, advisors and corporate professionals working in a dynamic and fast-changing global property industry.
We are the University of the Year for Graduate Employment - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
At LSBU, we want to set you up for a successful career. During your studies – and for two years after you graduate – you’ll have access to our Employability Service, which includes:
- An online board where you can see a wide range of placements: part-time, full-time or voluntary. You can also drop in to see our Job Shop advisers, who are always available to help you take the next step in your search.
- Our Careers Gym offering group workshops on CVs, interview techniques and finding work experience, as well as regular presentations from employers across a range of sectors.
Our Student Enterprise team can also help you start your own business and develop valuable entrepreneurial skills.
Our surveyors look at financing a project, procuring construction work, financial management, and the entire construction process. We want our students to have 'real world' experiences while studying at LSBU, of fieldwork is a major component. We create these situations by inviting guest speaks in to give up-to-date lectures, having great industry links and taking our students into situations where they would like to work. Most of our surveying and construction courses give our students the opportunity to carry out a construction project. Their work will take into account current construction technologies, energy efficiency solutions and environmental and sustainability issues. The project is very detailed and is carried out across site visits, analyzing on-going construction projects and an appraisal of eco-technologies. These factors can be influenced by a construction's location so our field trips can take our students both overseas to expanding countries like Dubai or around the corner to building developments happening on our own campus.
Market report and case study analysis
Students on our MSc Surveying courses can choose to study International Real Estate & Construction as an optional. For this complex module, students need to go on a study visit to an international city which has an emerging real estate and construction market.
Past students have gone abroad to take in either Dubai in the United Arab Emirates or Shanghai in the People's Republic of China. The field trip includes visits to real estate companies and construction firms, site visits and meetings with various professionals. From these briefings, students need to produce a country report that includes a detailed strategy including how they could break through in the real estate or construction market in these overseas destinations.
- 2.2 or higher UK Bachelors degree or international equivalent, usually in a related field
- Property-related work experience desirable
- Part-time students will typically be currently employed in a surveying or property related position
- Overseas applicants are expected to have competency in spoken and written English. You will have to demonstrate that you have IELTS 6.5 or above.
Students who have relevant prior masters level academic qualification and/or professional experience may seek credit for relevant modules. You should apply to the Course Director for such credit before the start of the semester in which the particular module is being offered.
All modules are subject to change by the university and may differ from the modules you are offered during your studies.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 8, 2018