This challenging study program gives students the tools required to understand the global world we live in, training prospective managers and entrepreneurs to make a major contribution to the performance of organizations of all types around the world, while applying the ideas of responsible and sustainable futures to business operations in practice.
Students will acquire the following skills:
- Critical awareness of discipline-based concepts and approaches to understand the complexity of managing an organization in the global business arena
- Understanding of how acquired theoretical knowledge can be applied in practical international business situations
- Ability to acquire and analyze data and information, to evaluate their relevance and validity, and to synthesize a range of information sources needed to develop a sophisticated understanding of a rapidly changing international business context
- Skills in interdisciplinary analysis, drawing upon different empirical sources, analytical perspectives and sub-disciplines within management studies
- Be able to communicate effectively and convincingly, working in teams, managing time and planning work assignments.
The MSc in International Management is divided into three different programs, which will expose you to different international learning environments (International Management, CEMS MIM, China MIM).
You can choose the program that best fits your individual needs and preferences.
Applications for CEMS MIM or China MIM take place at the same time as the application for International Management.
In the first year, students are provided with the fundamental concepts of International Management through core courses and seminars that all feature a highly interactive methodology and are largely based on individual work as well as teamwork.
In the second year, students complete their study program by choosing a free track or apply for a study abroad experience. They also have to take part in a compulsory internship - in Italy or abroad - study foreign languages and discuss their thesis to demonstrate their research abilities.
at Bocconi (Milan)
- Corporate Strategy
- Marketing Decisions
- International Finance
- Foundations of Globalization
- Principles of Business Analytics
- Performance Measurement
- International Comparative Business Law
- Global Operations and Supply Chain Management(compulsory)
at Bocconi (Milan) and /or abroad
- 3 electives
Study Abroad Programs
- Double Degrees with:
Cass School of Business, City University London (London, UK)
Darla Moore School of Business, University of South Carolina (Columbia, US)
ESADE Escuela Superior de Administracion y Direccion de Empresas (Barcelona, Spain)
FGV-EAESP Escola de Administração de Empresas de São Paulo da Fundação Getulio Vargas (São Paulo, Brazil)
HEC École des Hautes Etudes Commerciales (Paris, France)
HSG University of St. Gallen (St. Gallen, Switzerland)
IIMA Indian Institute of Management (Ahmedabad, India)
The University of Queensland (Brisbane, Australia)
- Exchange Programs
Foreign languages (two languages)
The Master of Science in International Management has the following educational objectives:
- provide advanced preparation in the main business areas focusing on the international context: business management, marketing, corporate finance, labor management, operations and supply chain;
- develop a complete overview of the problems linked to the operative, strategic management of companies operating on a global scale, keeping in mind the peculiarities of an international and often multicultural context;
- complete your preparation in the business field providing competences in subjects as economics, quantitative and juridical, so as to develop problem analysis skills in interdisciplinary areas;
- develop behavioral skills via ad hoc seminars and via in/out of class activities related to courses, namely skills in communication, in interaction, in addressing complex issues; promote fluency in English to work effectively and efficiently; proficiency in a second EU language (Italian for non-Italian native speakers).
- Finally, to foster a wide-ranging culture to develop critical thinking and to delve into cutting-edge topics.
Students graduating from this Master of Science typically pursue careers with an international outlook at:
- Large multinational firms, in a variety of departments and in different roles that require knowledge about cross-border management and international functional strategies such as global sourcing, international marketing and finance
- Consulting firms, in particular for tasks involved in cross-border consulting projects
- Small and medium enterprises (SMEs), as business development managers, export managers or expatriate managers to contribute to the expansion of the SME in foreign markets
- Companies operating in symbol-intensive markets, reflecting the unique abilities Italian firms are known for on a global scale
- Research centers and educational institutions making a significant contribution, due to the systemic and interfunctional knowledge of how firms operate
- Government agencies
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 8, 2018