The MSc in International Business is a foremost and innovative program designed to give you a specialist insight into the area of international business, a strategic global vision to accelerate your access to key positions of responsibility in companies and organizations. Whether you seek an international position with good responsibility, wish to start your own business or would like to work abroad, the MSc in I.B. will help you achieve your project, give new impetus to your professional development and boost your talent to challenge today’s globalized businesses.
Through a one-year training program, which combines the theoretical and practical course-work focused on innovative management, you will be equipped with the necessary tools to broaden your skills to face your professional challenges with confidence. By sharing your experience in a multicultural class, in contact with internationally recognized professional instructors and faculties, you will gain a great capacity for the global market and open up to new horizons of career opportunities.
Technical innovations may be important to a company’s success, but not as much innovative management. That is why we have made managerial innovation in the MSc in International Business the basis of all our teaching.
We will provide you tools, techniques and international legal standards to foster your Management’s skills, to find new opportunities and limit the risks. Ethic and values, the foundation of doing businesses with global responsibility: honesty, fairness and integrity, are underlying all courses.
French courses are provided during the academic year and cultural and company visits are organized during the program.
- Duration: 18 months including 4-6 months of internship or professional experience
- Intake: once a year in September
- Mode: Full time
- 472 hours from October to May
- From June to December: Master Thesis and 4-6 months minimum of professional experience: internship or job in France or abroad
- Credits: 90 ECTS
- Language: entirely taught in English
- Certified by the label “Conférence des Grandes Ecoles”
- Location: Montpellier Business School campus
- Tuition fees: 13 900 €
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent
- English test: a minimum score of TOEFL 80/120 or TOEIC 785/990 or IELTS 6/9 or M.B.S. English test B2 (free)
- Relevant professional goals
- You will have to complete the online application form (which can be saved and completed over time)
- Selected applicants will be scheduled for admission interviews via videoconference or at Montpellier Business School
- Copy of passport
- One passport photograph
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Copies of highest diploma obtained
- Copies of transcripts of records from the past three years. Please provide an English translation of your documents if they are written in other languages than French and English
- Proof of English Language Proficiency: minimum score of TOEFL 80/120, IELTS 6/9 or TOEIC 785/990 or Montpellier Business School English test (free) B2. Candidates with previous English studies are exempted.
- Online registration: From October 8th, 2018 to July 2019
- Deadline for registration :
- July 1st, 2019 for non-EU applicants
- July 31st, 2019 for EU applicants
Head of import-export, International Project Manager, Business Developer, Key Account Manager, International Product Manager, Head of Market Research, Consultant in Strategy, etc..
Why choose this program?
- Top level faculty
- An innovative pedagogical method
- A truly international environment
- An excellent employability rate for our MBS graduates: 70% of students from our programs are hired BEFORE they even graduate
- Unrivaled networking opportunities
- An AACSB, EPAS and AMBA accredited School
Program courses (1rst and 2nd semester)
This course introduces the major topics in international business, including comparative environmental frameworks, governmental and economic influences, import/export, and organization of international business. The course emphasizes the pervasive repercussions of global issues on contemporary business management and the role of the business owner or executive manager.
Students will learn how to successfully conduct marketing activities in an international setting by enhancing their capacity to analyze and target global marketing opportunities, selecting market-entry strategies and designing integrated marketing-mix strategies.
Advanced Strategic Finance
Develop methods and insights on how to understand key problems and how to implement the corresponding financial strategy. Learn about valuation for different businesses and projects through various methods.
Introduction to Big Data and Business Analytics
Utilizing business intelligence systems can turn data into decision-ready insights. The objective of this course is to introduce ways a manager can implement strategy and how to organize ows of information into a Business Information System.
In this course, students will learn to analyze complex workplace situations from conflict resolution to motivational team dynamics and how to implement strategic solutions.
International Human Resources Management
The aim of this course is to describe how careers and career management have evolved over the last several decades. Managing one’s career within a changing workplace has become increasingly challenging for the individual contemporary worker. The course will focus on individual career and career navigation from an international point of view. Students will be encouraged to build individual career development plans related to their career goals.
International Supply Chain Management
In this course, students will understand the problems and complexities faced by operations and supply chain managers. From the decision making process associated with supplier selection to process transformation students will uncover different systematic approaches to be taken in order to implement solutions in a supply chain.
A campus-wide competition via a business simulation that allows students and professionals a risk-free platform to test theories and make decisions. Competitor actions and reactions, new product launches, sales and distribution strategies will all define how teams manage their own product portfolio, R&D, positioning and pricing strategy.
It is not necessary for incoming students to speak French as all courses are offered in English. However, French language courses will be offered to students in order for them to have a more engaging cultural experience.
Students will be asked to write a master’s thesis in order to graduate from this program. This represents an important component of the MSc learning experience. The objective is to investigate in depth an international business issue and to open doors for contacts and networking.
4 to 6 months of professional practice, internship or job
Teams of students from various cultural and academic backgrounds will embark on this entrepreneurial journey drawing on each other’s’ specialties to create a viable business. The objective of this project is to create a new and innovative company. To aid in their collaboration students will be exposed to experienced entrepreneurs and tools across various dimensions such as innovation, logistics and marketing. Finally, they will be asked to conceive all of the financial aspects and pitch their project to an academic panel and potential investors.
Career Advancement Seminars
Throughout their year of study, students will be assigned a career coach and attend seminars that will prepare them in seeking the right career opportunities, how to be successful and learn from industry leaders on CV preparation, interviewing skills and contract negotiation.
Program taught in: