Contents of the degree program
- Environment of International Business
- Foundations of International Management
- International Strategic Management
- International Functional Management
- International Information Management
- Soft Skills
- International Finance and Corporate Governance
- International Corporate Sustainability
- International Relations
- Leading positions in globally operating companies, public administration, and international organisations in the fields marketing management, business consultancy, organisation development
- Teaching and researching at universities
- Semester(s) abroad
- Partner universities of the School of Business and Economics
Admission to the Master in International Business Studies program is based on several criteria. In the first stage of the qualification assessment process, the relevant documents are assessed by the selection committee. If students score more than 69 points, direct admission is given. In the second stage of the qualification assessment process, applicants with a score of 50–69 points must write an essay on a certain topic related to a question from the field of International Business Studies within one week. Information about the procedure will be given to concerned students in due course. Please use the campo.fau for master’s degree course for your application.
- Opening of Online Application Tool: beginning of 2018
- Application deadline is May 31st each year.
- Start of the program: October each year.
To be enclosed in the application:
- Letter of motivation (1 page)
- Curriculum vitae including passport photo (2 pages max.)
- Certificate of bachelor’s degree (if you have not received your bachelor certificate by the day of application, please send in the most recent transcript)
- Transcript of university records. The transcript should clearly state the courses you have taken and the grades you have achieved. Please also attach an explanation of the grading system used if it is not clearly stated in the transcript
- High school graduation certificate (“international baccalaureate” or “Abitur”) and transcript
- Certificate of language proficiency (required scores see below)
- Applicants from China, Vietnam and Mongolia will have to include APS certification
All required documents must be submitted in German or English. Applicants from Germany are required to send in a copy of their degree certificates and transcripts. Applicants from outside Germany are required to send in certified copies. All translations of the required documents have to be made by an official translator and must bear the signature and stamp of the translator. If the required enclosures are submitted as photocopies, they have to be officially certified copies. Authenticity of all submitted documents will be examined by the university when the application is received. In case of any counterfeit documents, the application will be disqualified. Also, if you are granted admission, you are required to verify all information given in your application form and photocopied attachments by showing the original documents (e.g., degree certificate, transcript of university records).
English language proficiency is to be verified by one of the documents listed below:
- TOEFL-Test with minimum score of 637+ (PBT), 270+ (CBT) or 100+ (iBT). The University of Erlangen-Nuremberg TOEFL code is 8265 (please add the name of the Master program „International Business Studies“).
- UniCert Level III certificate
- IELTS test with minimum score of 6.5 (each section minimum 5.5)
- Cambridge English: Advanced or Proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree completed in English in one of the EU/EEA countries, United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa. The language of instruction (English) has to be clearly stated on the degree certificate.
Please note that TOEFL, IELTS or UniCert test results are not accepted if they are more than two years old.
We can accept only the English language certificates that are mentioned here. No exceptions can be made.
A basic knowledge of German is recommended but not obligatory for the application.
Admission to the Master in International Business Studies program is based on the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in International Business, Business Administration, Management, Economics or a related subject
- Knowledge of business administration pertinent to the degree program
- Knowledge of statistics pertinent to the degree program
- English language proficiency
- Relevant work experience
- International experience
- Language proficiency in German, French and/or Spanish if students opt to take elective courses where the language of instruction is other than English
Student Services Fee
The contribution of students currently amounts to 42 Euro per semester. An additional charge of 70 Euro covers the mandatory basic “semester ticket”, a transit pass that provides students with unlimited access to public transportation in the metropolitan region Nürnberg from 7pm to 6am weekdays and around the clock on weekends (for an optional charge the pass can be valid around the clock every day).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 17, 2018