Our course provides a systematic, in-depth study of international business. You'll learn to critically evaluate and appraise existing theories and ideas in the world of international business. What's more, you'll build an understanding of how different cultural attitudes and beliefs shape business in different regions of the world.
We'll help you to become a more effective decision-taker, with the know-how to engage in independent, original thought for practical application in the business.
Why International Business Management at LSBU?
- No.2 in London for satisfaction with courses across Business, Management & Marketing (Guardian 2019).
- Professional accreditation - The School has Centre of Excellence status with the IOEE, in recognition of our entrepreneurial culture and leading-edge practice.
- Outstanding facilities and access to the software widely used in industry: Bloomberg, Thomson One Banker, SAGE, Blueprint, FAME, Nvivo and SPSS.
- No.3 London Modern University for graduate prospects in Business and Management Studies (Complete University Guide League Table 2018).
Key course information - ordered by mode
- International management
- International marketing
- International Finance and Decision Making
- Strategic international human resource management
Plus two options from:
- Global operations and logistics
- Business data for decision making
- Everyday sustainability for business
- Managing virtual work
- Intercultural management
- Business ethics
- Islamic Governance and Risk
- Enterprise and entrepreneurial management
Employment prospects are excellent. In addition to senior management roles, successful students can build a career in a variety of settings in consulting, marketing, finance and human resource management. In this respect, our emphasis on personal development allows graduates to become desirable to a variety of organisational cultures and functions inside multinational companies.
We are the University of the Year for Graduate Employment for the second year in a row - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018, 2019.
At LSBU, we want to set you up for a successful career. During your studies – and for two years after you graduate – you’ll have access to our Employability Service, which includes:
- An online board where you can see a wide range of placements: part-time, full-time or voluntary. You can also drop in to see our Job Shop advisers, who are always available to help you take the next step in your search.
- Our Careers Gym offering group workshops on CVs, interview techniques and finding work experience, as well as regular presentations from employers across a range of sectors.
Our Student Enterprise team can also help you start your own business and develop valuable entrepreneurial skills.
Centre of Excellence status is the IoEE's (Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs) flagship organisational accreditation for organisations that promote and deliver enterprise skills development; and is in recognition of the School's entrepreneurial culture and leading-edge practice.
ACCA logo The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) was founded in 1904; the ACCA is the global body for professional accountants offering the Chartered Certified Accountant qualification.
Teaching and learning
Theory and overviews will be presented in a series of formal lectures. These will be supported by a programme of seminar through the use of videos, group work and exercises. Case studies have an important role to play within the overall teaching strategy. They are selected to achieve wide sectional coverage of international industry and services including traditional, mature and technically advanced sectors e.g. international retailing, airlines, pharmaceuticals, consumer electronics, automobiles, and computers.
Students are expected to spend an average of eight hours per week in self-managed learning to support the unit. Such learning includes case study preparation; all students are expected to have undertaken a preliminary reading of the case study before it's discussed in class. Self-managed learning also includes week-by-week reading in one of the core strategy set texts, assignment preparation and writing, as well as examination revision.
Bachelor degree equivalent to UK 2:2 in any subject.
How to apply
International (non-Home/EU) applicants should follow our international how to apply guide.
Instructions for Home/EU applicants
||Direct to LSBU
Postgraduate students and research students should apply through our dedicated application system. Full details of how to do this are supplied on our How to apply section for postgraduate students and our How to apply section for research students.
Students should apply for accommodation at London South Bank University (LSBU) as soon as possible, once we have made an offer of a place on one of our academic courses.
It's a good idea to think about how you'll pay university tuition and maintenance costs while you're still applying for a place to study. Remember – you don't need to wait for a confirmed place on a course to start applying for student finance.
Postgraduate Application Service
Book a session with one of our specialist Postgraduate Advisors. Over a one on one Advice Session, they'll advise you on postgraduate degrees at LSBU that match your interests and experience.
Prepare to start
We help our students prepare for university even before the semester starts. To find out when you should apply for your LSBU accommodation or student finance read the How to apply tab for this course.
Before you start your course we'll send you information on what you'll need to do before you arrive and during your first few days on campus. You can read about the process on our Welcome Week pages.
- Czinkota, M. et. al. (2012), International Business (European Edition), John Wiley, Chichester
- Conklin, D. (2014), The Global Environment of Business, SAGE Publications, London