The Master's (MSc) in International Banking and Finance is aimed at candidates who wish to acquire a solid foundation in international banking and finance which will equip them for careers in banking, trading or financial analysis.
- An enhanced specialist programme that may be completed in a single year
- All modules are taught by our world-class faculty who have a breadth of industrial and academic knowledge
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international ranked research (REF 2014)
- A wide range of professional accreditations to accelerate your career depending on the optional modules you take
- 93% of Swansea students in employment six months after graduating
- High contact time – our modules come with a lecture (in class sizes capped at approximately 150 students) and seminar/tutorial (in class sizes capped at 30) every single week. Interested in the facilities? Take a look at them here.
- Scholarships available for outstanding students – click here for more details
- Swansea is 1st in Wales for world-leading impact - 60% at a 4-star level (REF 2014)
This course will equip graduates with an advanced understanding of the principles and techniques of international finance, development, trade, and banking, a knowledge of the activities of financial markets and financial institutions in advanced and emerging economies, and an appreciation of the role of risk management in complex organizations.
Students must attain a 2:2 (or overseas equivalent) in an undergraduate degree that has included a range of modules in accounting/finance or quantitative/statistical methods. This need not necessarily be a degree with accounting or finance in the title.
We consider all applications on their merits and will look at each individual case before making an offer to students who fall slightly short of the entry criteria should still apply to the School of Management.
Non-native English speakers must achieve an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with no component less than 5.5. A list of equivalent tests is provided here. If you have studied an undergraduate degree taught through the medium of English you may be exempt from this requirement.
For students who fall short of only the English language requirement, we offer a range of Pre-Master’s training programmes that you may take before starting your Master's qualification.
Annual tuition fees for entry in the academic year 2018/19 are as follows:
Tuition fees for years of study after your first year are subject to an increase of 3%.
The tuition fees do not cover the costs of purchasing books or stationery, printing, thesis binding or photocopying costs.
There are no mandatory additional costs specified for this course.
Careers and Employability
We have an excellent track record of placing our graduates with major multinational companies, and 95% of our graduates in employment or study 6 months after graduation (DLHE 2015/16).
From the moment you arrive at the School of Management, we will work with you to help you build your skills and experience to enhance your career prospects.
During your time with us, you’ll have the chance to:
- Get unlimited one to one bespoke careers advice from our dedicated careers team
- Undertake a work placement or internship through the Swansea Paid Internship Network (SPIN) or ‘Week of Work’ initiative
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our seminars and events
- Boost your skills and meet employers during our Employability Module which is run twice a year
- Complete the Swansea Employability Award
- Participate in our Business in the Bay competition and compete against other university students
- Join our Alumni community and meet graduates from previous years who can offer the benefit of their experiences
- Attend our Careers Fair and network with employers
- Join our Employability Mentoring scheme and get mentored by an employer who can help you with the transition from student to working professional.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 29, 2018