This MSc program is aimed at future experts in IT project management and IT & organization consulting, providing them with the necessary skills to analyze the effects of establishing an information system, to participate in the implementation of such a system, and to measure the actual effects of using such systems, especially in an increasingly open environment. Within an information systems management service or as part of a consulting firm supporting a CIO, the expert in IT project management and organization consulting is the link between business needs and technical teams which may be external to the company. As such, s/he has to be able to propose and evaluate technical solutions with respect to a set of specifications.
This program also offers a gateway to Ph.D. studies in IT management.
The Master of Science in IT - specialization in Information System Governance lasts 2 years referred to as M1 and M2. Both M1 and M2 are organized on our Brest campus. This master is accredited by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research and fully complies with the EHEA system.
The IT sector and its associated services are one of the engines for growth in a globalized world. The implementation of information systems and business changes the modes of operation within the company, alters the modes of cooperation and negotiation between different actors, affects the strategies of the company with respect to its environment, and raises new legal questions.
Thanks to IMT Atlantique's expertise in postgraduate education and research, high-level competencies are acquired not only in technical/scientific fields but also in team working, written and oral communication, innovation and project management.
Last but not least, French language skills are also one of the new skills beneficial for working in France and other French-speaking countries or for French companies abroad.
This is a full-time, two-year course divided into four semesters:
- Networking fundamentals
- Basics of computer science
- Mathematics & statistics
- Introduction to data science
- Bibliographical study
- Intercultural workshops
- Intensive French language courses (6 hours per week)
- Software & data engineering
- Computer science fundamentals
- Information policy (economics and social impact of the diffusion of information technology).
- An engineering project in teams of 5 or 6, focused on acquiring project management experience and applying knowledge acquired in coursework
- French language (3 hours per week)
Choice of one area of specialization: either IS evaluation and consulting or IS project management.
- Basics of Statistics & Network Economics;
- Management and information systems;
- Information Systems and Organization Management.
Decision Support Information Systems & Information Systems
Design and Evolution or Socio-economic Evaluation and Audit of Information Systems & Economics and Legal issues in IT
- Project in IT system evaluation, consulting or IT project management.
- French language courses (3 hours per week)
For those planning to apply for a Ph.D. program, specific research courses are possible.
This semester is spent carrying out a development or research project in an industrial or academic laboratory in France or abroad.
Upon completion of the four semesters, students defend their master’s thesis.
- Project manager in an information system service
- Consultant in organization & information systems
- Consultant in information systems marketing
- Information systems bid engineer
- Information system manager
The entry requirements include a first- class Bachelor’s degree or a four-year degree in one of the academic topics offered by the Master’s course. Candidates have to show an outstanding academic record for their application to be considered.
A background in computer science is a pre-requisite.
Tuition fees for the full 2-year program:
- €5,200 (Europe and Erasmus zone)
Possible partial fee waivers
Scholarships are available depending on academic record and country of origin (companies, governments, embassies, etc.). It should be mentioned that internships are paid and cover living expenses during the last semester.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 17, 2018