Master of Science in Information Systems Management
For the professional, who need to understand and manage information systems and who seeks to further his/her career, the graduate program in information systems management offers an opportunity to study new areas of information systems management and to gain a broad understanding in this field.
The information systems management program is designed for a working professional with an undergraduate degree in any field who would like to advance his/her career in the field of information systems management.
The student will acquire the critical knowledge and skills needed to meet the growing demand for trained professionals in the expanding information systems management field.
This program incorporates courses with an emphasis on management techniques with courses in information systems.
The Master of Science in Information Systems Management program affirms the mission of the University. It also further fulfills the University goals of supporting the preparation of professionals in information systems management and in general managerial and administrative positions.
The mission of the Graduate Information Systems Management program is to:
- Foster the development of professionals, scholars, and lifelong learners who apply advanced study to master effective problem-solving skills;
- Facilitate the development of critical thinkers who can use their personal, professional, and academic experiences in the analysis of information systems management issues;
- Develop informed users of research capable of making significant contributions to their chosen field; and
- Support and encourage scholarship, intellectual inquiry, and professional responsibility.
The University has identified the following five specific goals to guide program development and review:
- To provide students with a strong foundation of management and leadership skills as well as an advanced understanding of information systems and its integrated role in business today;
- To provide opportunities for the development of innovative and effective teaching methods rooted in an understanding of management theory and research;
- To provide successful professional managers with the flexibility to assume leadership roles in information systems management and in the managerial leadership;
- To nurture a deep commitment to excellence in information systems management and managerial leadership as a means of service to others; and
- To provide a supportive and cooperative learning environment that encourages students to develop their potential for study and their understanding of information systems management.
About the School
Every great achievement starts with a dream. We know because we see dreams made real every single day. Whatever your interests, whatever your goals, you’ll be given every opportunity to pursue them, w ... Read More