The graduate curriculum leading to M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in Industrial Engineering is designed to provide the students with computing, quantitative, analytical, and applications skills and to prepare them as entrepreneurs, problem solvers, effective decision-makers, and change agents in a competitive business environment or as prospective scientists in academia. The program focuses on production and service systems, integrated manufacturing supply chain management, product development process, modeling and analysis of manufacturing processes and equipment, biomanufacturing, additive manufacturing (3D printing), modeling and analysis of manufacturing processes and equipment, operations research approaches to telecommunication and energy systems.
Industrial Engineering is a diverse discipline concerned with the planning, design, implementation, improvement, and management of complex production systems of people, materials, and equipment for all kinds of manufacturing and service operations as well as the integration of computers, information, and technology to operate and control these complex systems.
The graduate curriculum in Industrial Engineering is designed to provide the students with computing, quantitative, analytical and applications skills and to prepare them as entrepreneurs, problem solvers, effective decision-makers, and change agents in a competitive business environment or as prospective scientists in the academics. The program focuses on production and service systems, integrated manufacturing, supply chain management, product development process, modeling and analysis of manufacturing processes and equipment, operations research approaches to telecommunication and energy systems. Students are encouraged to interact with other disciplines to improve their communication skills and to be able to function in complex scientific and technical environments throughout their careers. Emphasis is given to close collaboration with the industry. Prospective students are expected to have a solid foundation in mathematics, and natural and engineering sciences. Students who do not have sufficient background in the core areas are required to take courses at the undergraduate level.
- Performing research and education activities in the area of production system design, control, and operation aimed at improving the competitiveness of the industrial firms.
- Educating young engineers to become leaders in their work environments with strong domain knowledge and the capability of applying this knowledge to the solution of problems in the field.
- Disseminating the knowledge and experiences gained over time to people in industry through seminars, workshops, training programs, and publications.
The mission of the Sabancı University Industrial Engineering Program is to educate industrial engineers equipped with advanced knowledge and background in the state-of-the-art methodological and technological tools of the profession, who can make a difference in competitive environments and continuously improve their scientific and technological skills and who are self-confident, initiative-taking, faithful to ethical values, intellectual, and articulate in both Turkish and English.
Applications for graduate programs are evaluated by the respective Admission Jury along with individual program entries. Admission is finalized by the approval of the related Graduate School Board upon the recommendation of the Jury and announced to the applicants.
Applicants may be called for written exams and interviews. All written exams and interviews are held in English.
Periods for application are announced in Academic Calendar
Your registration will be done upon the approval of Turkish Higher Education Council regarding the equivalence of the last graduated higher institution and the course of study.
- Online Application Form: Candidates can apply more than one program via online application form. Separate forms is to be filled for each applied program. Print-out of Completed Application Form should be added to the Application Package. Applicants can either submit the application package including the required documents in person or can send via post to Student Resources. Separate application package is to be submitted for each applied program. All the application documents become property of Sabancı University. It is suggested to keep the original reports of TOEFL, GRE and ALES scores for you, and apply with the copies of those exams.
- Official Transcript: Sealed and taken from Student Resources/Affairs of the applicant's university indicating the courses and grades taken.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: These should be either submitted online or posted in a sealed envelope. After you complete your online application, an email will be send automatically to your recommenders which you enter to Recommenders part. Recommenders can click the link to write the recommendation letters or give letters in a closed envelope signed and stamped.
- One Photograph: If you have already added one photograph to your online application, you do not need to send it.
- Result for Graduate Program Entrance Exam: Any of the following science test results baring the min. scores and which are within the validity period: ALES: Numerical ALES min. score 65; GRE : 153 (Scores on the Current Scale); GAT: Accumulative Percentile : %60 (for international student). Photocopies are acceptable for application, but original copies should be submitted during admission. Graduate Program Entrance Exam Results must have been taken no more than: ALES 3 years, GRE 5 years and GAT 2 years.
- English Proficiency Exam Result: As the language of instruction at Sabancı University is English, any of the following English Proficiency Exam results baring the min. scores and which are within the validity period: TOEFL: Min. score 80 in Internet-based test; KPDS: Min. score 67; ÜDS: Min. score 67; YDS: Min. score 67; e-YDS: Min. score 67. Photocopies are acceptable for application, but original copies should be submitted during admission. The TOEFL must have been taken no more than 2 years, KPDS, ÜDS, e-YDS and YDS must have been taken no more than 3 years prior to the application to Sabancı University
- Statement of Purpose
- Degree Requirements: An undergraduate degree is required in order to apply for all graduate (master's and Ph.D.) degree programs. It is possible to apply for PhD programs with only undergraduate or undergraduate + master's degrees. Holders of all major degrees are eligible to apply. An applicant should have an undergraduate or graduate diploma in order to be admitted to a graduate program and a graduate diploma for a doctorate program. Applicants must complete their previous degree programs by the admission period at the latest.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 21, 2017