M.Sc. in Industrial Engineering
Profitable design and operation of modern industrial systems require integration of human, material, equipment and financial resources. In recent years this integration has become tighter due to the inclusion of information technology and resulted in more complex systems. Industrial Engineering research focuses on quantitative analysis, synthesis, and management of such complex systems. The affiliated faculty members come from the Industrial Engineering department of the College of Engineering, the Operations and Information Systems group of the College of Administrative Sciences and Economics, and other related fields.
Our research areas are diverse, including Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Service Operations, Production Systems, Stochastic Processes, Financial Engineering, Mathematical Programming, Data Mining, and Bioinformatics. The programs are built on the basic methodologies of operations research and their applications in manufacturing, distribution and service industries. Graduates of the M.Sc. program have been placed in respectable Ph.D. programs in North America, Europe, and Turkey as well as various professional positions in industry.
- Bioinformatics (Ceyda Oğuz, Metin Türkay)
- Data Mining (Özden Gür Ali, Sibel Salman, Serpil Sayın)
- Financial Engineering (Süleyman Özekici)
- Logistics (Deniz Aksen, Onur Kaya, Ceyda Oğuz, Sibel Salman, Metin Türkay)
- Optimization Theory and Algorithms (Ceyda Oğuz, Deniz Aksen, Metin Türkay, Sibel Salman, Serpil Sayın, Emre Alper Yıldırım)
- Production Systems and Scheduling (Yaman Arkun, Selçuk Karabatı, Fikri Karaesmen, Onur Kaya, Ceyda Oğuz, Barış Tan, Metin Türkay)
- Service Operations (Zeynep Akşin, Evrim Güneş, Fikri Karaesmen, Lerzan Örmeci)
- Supply Chain Management (Yalçın Akçay, Evrim Güneş, Fikri Karaesmen, Onur Kaya, Lerzan Örmeci, Barış Tan, Metin Türkay)
- Personal and Educational Background Information (CV).
- Recommendation Letters (2 for MSc, 3 for Ph.D.) (3 for MS in Molecular Biology and Genetics).
- (Recommendation Letters for Electrical and Electronics Engineering should be sent directly from the referee with signature through e-mail).
- TOEFL or UDS&KPDS Requirement (for those whose native language is not English).
- New Internet-Based: Minimum Score 80
- Computer Based: Minimum Score 213
- Paper Based: Minimum Score 550
- UDS / KPDS / YDS: 87
- ALES scores (required for all Turkish nationals).
- GRE scores (required from Foreign students; optional for Turkish students).
- Official transcripts from all the universities attended.
- Statement of Purpose.
This school offers programs in: