This programme has been developed in cooperation with University-Consortium in Science and Technology, BALTECH, and is simultaneously running in 4 universities in Sweden, Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia.
The programme focuses on the following topics: Digital Manufacturing, Production Engineering, Planning & Control, Strategic & Financial Management, Supply Chain Management, Quality Management, Rapid Product Development, Production Planning and Management, Production Digitalisation, Internet of Things for Industry and Innovation.
The keywords of the present situation worldwide are production globalization, international and local cooperation and dynamic market. For those reasons, concepts as design, development and management of integrated systems of people, knowledge, equipment and materials are included in the curriculum.
Why this programme?
- Covers the main engineering and business management areas; technical courses are combined with economical and social courses.
- Teaching staff includes lecturers from the industry and international professors.
- On-site visits to manufacturing firms and lots of area-related associations for students (ABB, Ericsson, Bestnet, Cybernetica, etc.).
- Different interactive games for Lean production, 5S and production management and optimisation skills development.
- Students can use different equipment in Protolab (3D scanners, 3D printers and laser sintering units) and Flexible Manufacturing Systems and Robotics Demo Centre (Virtual and Augmented reality technologies).
- Different ERP, PLM, CAD, CAE and Factory Floor Planning software is used in the study process.
- Master’s theses are commonly based on real-life problems of the industry/company and therefore possess a practical value on top of an academic one. Many graduates proceed to work for companies after graduation.
- The background of the students is very diverse. In addition to a variety of former educational paths, there is also a significant proportion of working professionals who are able to enrich the learning process with their practical experience. That also enables valuable networking opportunities for foreign students.
This programme aims to prepare engineers as future experts in their chosen speciality and have the required skills to manage an international company. Graduates possess the industry knowledge and transferable skills that enable them to work in a wide range of different jobs and industries. Possible positions include Production Manager, Project Manager, Quality Manager and CEO.
My decision to leave Germany after my Bachelor studies and start studying at TalTech came up randomly, but it has turned out to be the best choice I have made in terms of my personal development. TalTech provided me with a master’s degree that is very practical. The Industrial Engineering and Management Master's is an interdisciplinary programme of mechanical engineering, production optimisation and business administration. It gives you the chance to combine theoretical, scientific aspects with practical examples and after graduating you can work along the whole supply chain of a product (supplier, production or logistics side). Since engineers are the ones who develop a tangible part of the industry further and further, there should never be any difficulty finding a job in this field.
Stefan Voigt, Germany
Alumnus of the Industrial Engineering and Management programme
Students for TalTech international study programmes are admitted based on the admission threshold. Online interview will be conducted only to candidates who have passed the online multiple-choice test. The maximum score for the online interview is 10 points. An applicant who receives a minimum of 5 points is admitted.
Programme specific requirements
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related speciality.
In order to qualify for the studies at Tallinn University of Technology, an applicant has to have at least 60% of the highest possible CGPA.
Online multiple-choice test
The online multiple-choice test takes place in a system called Moodle. The test itself is 7 minutes long and can be taken only once.
- CAD systems are used for...
- What are the strongest points of parametric modelling?
- What are the main functions of CAM systems?
- What kind of information systems are used in the area of manufacturing engineering?
- Who benefits from product development?
- What are the main advantages of numerical controlled (NC) machining?
- Quality management is used for...
- Product development is a process which includes the following steps...
- What is the role of engineers in product development processes?
- Why customer requirements management is important?
Positive scale: 6-10 points.
The candidate must collect at least 6 points to continue.
Candidates who have successfully passed the test will be invited to the interview.
The aim of the interview is to understand your academic potential, motivation and suitability for your chosen course.
Questions are composed to assess your:
- problem-solving abilities
- intellectual flexibility and analytical skills
- assimilation of new ideas and information
The interview is discussion-based, mainly academic and programme-related:
- The typical areas of expertise in manufacturing engineering.
- Industrial engineering is the engineering discipline that concerns...
- Manufacturing process performance indicators are...
- How to estimate the manufacturing cost per unit?
- Product development (describes the process of...). What is the difference between product design and product assembly?
- How to define manufacturing planning?
- The main components of Computer Integrated Manufacturing are...
- How to describe numerically controlled (NC) machine tools?
- How to estimate/describe the manufacturing quality. Why quality management is important?
- What manufacturing engineers do in their everyday job?
Duration of the interview is 10-15 minutes.
Positive scale: 5-10 points
About the School
A vision of today’s society is innovative, entrepreneurial, technologically advanced, and open to the world, and this is what Tallinn Unversity of Technology (TalTech) is applying for through internat ... Read More