Master of Science in Human Resources Management
For human resources professionals seeking to further their careers and individuals seeking professional advancement in managerial careers, the graduate program in human resources management offers an opportunity to study new areas of management and gain a broad understanding of their field or endeavor.
The major thrust of the program is to gain knowledge of current practices in human resources management.
Those students interested in preparation for management careers in human resources or general management will find that the program meets their needs.
The Master of Science in Human Resources Management program affirms the mission of the University. It also further fulfills the University goals of supporting the preparation of professionals in human resources management and in general managerial and administrative positions.
The mission of the graduate human resources management program is to:
- Foster the development of professionals, scholars, and lifelong learners who apply advanced study to master effective problem-solving skills;
- Facilitate the development of critical thinkers who can use their personal, professional, spiritual, and academic experiences in the analysis of human resources management issues;
- Develop informed users of research who are capable of making significant contributions to their chosen field; and
- Support and encourage scholarship, intellectual inquiry, and professional responsibility that nurtures the growth and development of others.
Four specific goals have been identified to guide program development and review:
- To provide opportunities for the development of innovative and effective teaching methods rooted in an understanding of management theory and research;
- To provide successful professional managers with the flexibility to assume leadership roles in human resources management and in the managerial leadership community;
- To nurture a deep commitment to excellence in human resources management and managerial leadership as a means of service to others; and
- To provide a supportive and cooperative learning environment that encourages students to develop their potential for study and their understanding of human resources management.
About the School
Every great achievement starts with a dream. We know because we see dreams made real every single day. Whatever your interests, whatever your goals, you’ll be given every opportunity to pursue them, w ... Read More