What is special about this course?
Whether you are a graduate looking to gain employment in this specialist field or already in work and needing to develop your skills and abilities, the part-time, CIPD accredited MSc in Human Resource Management is ideal for you.
HR professionals play a crucial role in the development of organisations, and this professionally accredited award is designed to help current and future HR practitioners prepare for the challenges and opportunities in today’s rapidly changing business environment.
CUsai / Pixabay
- CIPD accredited - on successful completion, you will be eligible to seek Associate membership of the CIPD, the professional body for HR specialists*
- If you are working in human resources or learning and development at a managerial or strategic level you can apply to upgrade from Associate Member to Chartered Member or Chartered Fellow*
- 100% student satisfaction (Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey 2019)
- Flexible delivery options - means that you can study part-time, taking either one or two modules per semester; attending online workshops and tutorials, through the university's virtual learning environment
- Taught by experienced HR practitioners
- Applied and practical assessments- you will undertake a major piece of advanced independent work within the area of HR at a strategic level, as well as a placement for those not already working within the HR profession
- An excellent online supportive learning environment
- Individual modules for CPD - you can choose to study individual modules for continuing professional development or work towards the PgCert, PgDip, or full Masters degree
*You will be required to join the CIPD as a student member if you wish to receive Associate or Chartered Membership on completing the award.
- 2:2 honours degree or above OR
- Successful completion of the CIPD Foundation Certificate and Diploma in Human Resource Practice, plus relevant professional experience
- Applicants with relevant professional experience will also be considered on an individual basis
About the School
The University of the Highlands and Islands is an integrated university encompassing both further and higher education.