Objectives and Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of the programme, students will be able to:
- Interpret practical, theoretical and personal skills required for senior management roles within a variety of international hotel and tourism organisations.
- Synthesise strategic, organisational and marketing processes of a commercial hospitality enterprise within the context of the global nature of the business.
- Cultivate a professional management attitude by nurturing the creative development of innovative ideas and solutions.
- Confidently debate, research and synthesise theories while evaluating organisational learning.
- Critically analyse different multilateral institutions and transnational organisations including an evaluation of their impacts involved in international tourism and heritage tourism management.
This programme offers two options either to take in year one Postgraduate diploma and progress to the double degree MSc and MBA programme in year two or students with prior education and work experience in the hospitality industry can take the direct entry in the 1-year programme. Both study years include 5 months of academic study at a campus of HTMi followed by 5-6 months of work placement.
Entry requirements for direct entry to MSc programme: Postgraduate Diploma in International Hotel and Tourism Management, or a Bachelor Degree or a Postgraduate Diploma in any discipline, or have a minimum of three years suitable experience in the hospitality and tourism industry and suitable academic qualifications.
Age requirements:21 and above for direct entry
Language proficiency: Required English level by interview / HTMi test or have TOEFL 547or IELTS 6 or equivalent HTMi English Placement Test Score.
Prior work experience: None or three years minimum experience in the hospitality or tourism industry if not a degree or a postgraduate diploma holder.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 23, 2018