MSc in Plant Breeding, Seed Science and Technology
WHO CAN APPLY?
Graduates of the following areas:
- Agricultural Egineering
- Agricultural Biotechnology
WHAT WILL YOU GET?
Theoretical knowledge and practical skills for:
- breeding selected horticultural crops,
- seed production and processing of vegetables and flowers,
- seed biology,
- routine and advanced methods of seed quality tests
- use of seeds in other areas of Horticulture,
- seed marketing and company management.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The course lasts 3 semesters (1.5 year) and costs 3600 Euro.
The course comprises 830 hours of lectures, classes, seminars, field trips and seed company visits. The studies, besides intellectual adventure, give you an excellent chance to develop your career and visit Europe. Carried out since 1995 and resulted in almost 80 graduates, of which 6 had continued their careers in PhD studies, they provide you with good bases for further promotion in your professional life.
The course includes selecting a MSc research project following the student’s individual interests. It is carried out at various departments of our University, Institutes of Polish Academy of Sciences (for Plant Genetics and Dendrology), Department of Botany of the University of Adam Mickiewicz and other research units. Some MSc research projects are also carried out in the Polish plant breeding and seed production seed companies. The course’s curriculum and individual syllabi have been regularly updated according to suggestion from the seed industry. More than 10 visits and study tours in seed companies in Poland, France and Italy (paid additionally by students) complete the course.
The MSc diploma of our University (with an English course results short summary input) is recognized in all European Union countries and some Asian countries (including China).The topics (all taught in English) at the Master of Science course of Plant Breeding, Seed Science and Technology are as follows:
- Seed Production and Technology
- Seed Testing – Routine and Advanced Methods
- Genetics and Plant Breeding
- Molecular Biology
- Pomological Nursery
- Statistics, Biometrics and Trial Procedures
- Biological basis for Modern Seed Technology
- Seed Diseases and Pests
- Business Management in Seed Industry
- Landscape Architecture
- Outdoor classes (Poland, France, Italy)
- Extension in Seed Industry
- Sustainable Horticulture
- Ornamental Nursery
- Landscape Modeling and Nature Protection
- Modern trends in Horticulture
- Seminary and Diploma Thesis
If you are interested in recruitment, please, send:
- your application with: full name, sex, date and place of birth, full address, telephone number, e-mail address,
- your Bachelor Science (BSc in Horticulture, Agriculture or related areas) diploma copy (translated into English) confirmed by a notary,
- your statement about being able to follow English taught course,
- basic interest about your major studied and professional experience,
- declaration, if you want to stay in our dormitory (no obligation).
Before being enrolled for the course you will have to:
- pay the tuition,
- show the health insurance,
- get a passport, if you come from outside the EU,
- get Polish visa, if required.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 15, 2017