- Department responsible for the program: Institute of Economics and Public Policy
- Program instructor: Dr. Brodszky Valentin
- Bachelor's degree program: Health Policy, Planning, and Financing
- Specialization: Social Science
- Program time in semesters: 4 semesters
- Program language: English
- Site/Location: Budapest
- Division: Full time
- Program Type: Normal
The program is designed to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the complexities of health care systems both at the macro- and micro-levels within the context of technological development, an aging population, and patient expectations. You will be well-prepared to work in health administration, government departments, research and consultancy agencies, universities, national health services, health care organizations, and pharmaceutical and medical device industry. Apply now!
Tuition fee: 760 000 HUF (≈2300 EUR) per semester for EEA applicants, 2600 EUR per semester for non-EEA applicants.
The level of qualification attainable in the Master's program, and the title of the certification
- Qualification level: master- (magister, abbreviation: MSc).
- Qualification in Hungarian: okleveles egészségpolitikai szakértő.
- Qualification in English: Expert in Health Policy, Planning, and Financing.
- Optional specializations: Health Policy and Analysis, Health Economics.
Degrees accepted for admittance into the Master's program
Accepted with full credit value: from the field of social sciences: social studies, sociology; from the field of medical and health sciences: healthcare and prevention, nursing and patient care, health care management; from the field of economic sciences applied economics, business, and management undergraduate degrees as well as public service undergraduate degrees.
May also be considered if the number of credits defined is completed: undergraduate and Master’s courses as well as courses defined in Act LXXX of 1993 on higher education that is accepted by the higher education institution’s credit transfer committee based on a comparison of the studies that serve as the basis of the credits.
For persons with degrees defined the minimal requirements of admittance to the Master's program training cycle
The minimum number of credits needed to enter the Master’s training is 30 from the areas of Economics, Social Policy, Statistics, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Communication, Computing, Epidemiology, Public Health Medicine, Healthcare Informatics, Healthcare Management.
Number of credits to be completed for the Master's degree: 120 credits
- degree orientation: theory-oriented: 60-70 percent
- thesis credit value: 12 credits
- the minimum credit value of the comprehensive extra-institution practical training: 4 credits
- the minimum credit value of optional courses: 12 credits
International Standard Classification of Education field of education code: 314/0311
Master's degree training objectives
The objective of the program is the training of health policy experts who are capable of autonomously performing tasks in the areas of health policy, planning and financing (analysis, planning, and development, project management) and thereby contributing to improving the performance and efficiency of the institution or regional (national, regional or subregional) system representing the level of their activities. They are prepared to continue their training at the Ph.D. level.
The Health Economic Specialist's and the Health Policy Expert's skills
- Is capable of applying the methods measuring the quality of life.
- Is capable of devising and executing a comprehensive economic analysis.
- Is capable of critically evaluating the professional literature with regard to the cost-effectiveness of healthcare technologies.
- Is capable of applying modeling methods in health economics.
- Is capable of evaluating healthcare technologies.
- Is capable of analyzing the potential effects of the pricing, financing, and marketing methods of healthcare technologies and services on quality, access, and efficiency.
- Is capable of analyzing the support system of healthcare technologies on the basis of economic and social policy criteria.
About the School
Corvinus University is Hungary’s most eminent educational institution in the fields of economics, Management, and Social Sciences. University-level education, just as in the most advanced countries o ... Read More