To be a world-class academic institution for the advancement of knowledge in the light of the Christian faith.
The mission of the Department
The department offers, at the graduate level, training that produces competent professionals and researchers in Health Economics with strong analytical and practical entrepreneurial skills for research, economic analysis, and policy and health system management. Students are open to a large spectrum of scientific and technical skills associated with a profound understanding of the working environment with solid Christian professional ethics.
Objectives of DHEPM
The department offers a two year Master course program. The overall objective of the program is to build local capacity in Health Economics, Policy and Management in the Central African Region.
The specific objectives of the program are :
- To enhance teaching skills in social and health-related disciplines essential to the successful training of health Researchers and professional by providing specifically tailored training courses.
- To strengthen research capacities in Health Economics, Policy and Management by providing long-term training and mentorship for students and post-doctoral staff.
- To maximize the dissemination of information generated from research to promote human health and development
This program is geared towards producing postgraduate students who demonstrate a strong sense of :
- Project planning in the domain of health, policy, and management.
Internship and Mentorship
An internship is a key aspect in the training of the students. Students shall be placed on an internship in the best institution at home/abroad. This way the graduates are full professionals and researchers. Mentorship is an integral part of our training program with professional mentoring of both staff and students.
Courses are tailored to spur creative imaginations in students as well as mold independent entrepreneurs with highly competitive skills to contribute to local and international dev’t.
The curriculum of this program is tailored to meet the needs and aspirations as well as the employment potential of the job market. This program will offer the widest inter-disciplinary potentials possible for postgraduates to meet the demands of the diverse health-related potentials, locally and internationally. This will include;
- Health System Analyst
- Managers of Health institutions
- Pharmaceutical industry regulators for norms and standards.
- Inspectors of health services
- Occupational health
- Town Planning health consultants
- Environmental health supervisors
- Nutriceutical economists
- Insurance companies
- Health management organization staff
- International legislators
- Health Entrepreneurs
- Health legislators
The tuition fee per year is 1,030,500F CFA for Cameroonians and 2,030,500 F CFA for foreign students.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 26, 2018