If you are currently working in a health-related management role and want to build on your experience or are looking to develop your career in this area, our Master’s degree in Health Care Management will give you the perfect grounding.
You will learn how to plan and deliver service improvements, manage change, work with others to achieve organisational goals, communicate effectively, and make the best use of resources.
Throughout your studies, you will gain leadership tools that can be applied in a wide variety of health care and related management roles.
Why Health Care Management at Swansea?
This course attracts students from a wide range of nationalities, providing excellent opportunities to share knowledge about the unique challenges faced by healthcare managers working in different countries.
Based on our College of Human and Health Sciences, you will benefit from a diverse teaching and research environment, with many opportunities to make connections across disciplines.
According to the most recent Research Excellence Framework in 2014-2021, over 75% of the research carried out at the college was of international or world-leading quality.
We have strong links with professional practice and academic research networks in Europe and around the world, so your learning is informed by the latest policy and practice developments.
Your Healthcare Management Experience
Our wide range of optional modules means that you can tailor your studies to your particular interests and career goals.
Our teaching staff are active in practice and research and have a wealth of professional experience in areas including health economics, management and leadership, psychology, public health, and primary care, offering an unrivalled mix of academic excellence and practical expertise.
You will be joining a university that is ranked first in the UK for postgraduate student satisfaction (What Uni 2017).
Healthcare Management Careers
Your Master’s qualification in Health Care Management will open up opportunities for career development in a wide range of healthcare settings. You will also have a solid base for further study or to explore related areas such as research, education, and policy development.
To apply for this course you will need:
- A UK 2.2 degree from a recognised university or awarding body
- Or equivalent qualifications
- Or professional qualifications in a relevant field
- Or at least two years of relevant work experience
- English language requirements: You are required to have a minimum of IELTS 6.5, with a minimum of 6.0 in all domains, or a University approved equivalent, prior to starting the programme.
- The University offers a pre-sessional programme allowing progression on to this degree if appropriate
Careers and Employability
Careers and Employability Swansea Employability Academy (SEA) will support you at each stage of your career journey helping you build a bright future.
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs.
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers.
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities.
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics.
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
- We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.