About the Program
A certified food science and technology engineer is skilled in the fields of production, technology, planning of operations, management of economic processes, development of products, quality assurance, tender-writing, and is capable of undertaking management tasks while taking into account technical and economic aspects. Food engineers are involved in the development of innovative applications in agricultural technology, biotechnology, and processing of raw food materials to produce healthy food products. Between the 2nd and the 3rd semester, there is a vocational practice (4 weeks) at multinational, local company or laboratory of food.
- Physical chemistry,
- Transport phenomena,
- Quality management,
- Basics of nutritional science;
- Food safety;
- Biotechnology in the food industry;
- Environmental management,
- Measuring technics and automatization,
- Food technologies,
- Packaging in the food industry,
- Product development and innovation,
- Food law,
- Planning of food plants,
- Novel and alternative food processing technologies;
- Novel food preservation technics,
- Sensory analysis,
- The technology of fermented food products, etc.
Students will acquire scientific and technical knowledge to develop healthy and nutritious food products by applying innovative technologies, as well as skills to promote and market them. Food engineers will be equipped with the necessary analytical skills to work on food security and food analytical projects. Students who graduate from the Faculty usually choose their carriers in the sector of food and beverages at production companies; at research institutes, at biotechnological laboratories or international advisory companies.
Who should apply?
The program is planned for students who intend to pursue a Master of Science in Food Science and Technology engineering in English by completing this two-year long course.
- Submitted online application form;
- Bachelor of Science certificate (BSc in Food Engineering, Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry, Agriculture, Agronomy, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Microbiology, Analytical, Organic Chemistry or Physic),
- a demonstrated proficiency in English (B2 level or equivalent) and
- a Skype interview (verbal entrance examination).
About the School
The University of Szeged (SZTE) with a history dating back to 1581, is located in the sunniest city of Hungary attracting thousands of young people due to its lively, urban lifestyle and colorful fest ... Read More