Majors in the degree:
- Food Biotechnology
- Process Engineering in the Food Industry
- Postharvest and Logistics in the Food Trade
- Technology and Product Development in the Food Industry
- Vintage Master
Length of program:
- number of terms: 4 terms
- number of credits required for obtaining a degree: 120
Degree programs accepted as prerequisites for admission to the master’s degree program:
Degree programs that can be accepted with full credit:
- agricultural field: BSc in Food Engineering;
- technical field: BSc in Bioengineering, BSc in Chemical Engineering.
Aim of the program
The aim of the master’s degree program, professional competencies to be acquired: The aim of the master’s degree program is to train food engineers who know and apply the latest scientific knowledge of the special field, and are also familiar with the various fields of natural and technical sciences. The graduates will be able to apply the acquired professional knowledge in a creative way in the different branches of the food industry. Having the knowledge acquired in the master’s degree program, they will be able to participate in further major training programs or continue their studies in a doctoral (Ph.D.) program.
Practical Training Centre helping the education
- Operational technology practice plant – to teach the basic operations of food production.
- Operational practice unit for fermentation – to teach technologies for the distilling industry and fermentation.
- Sensory Laboratory.
- Demonstration cellars in Budafoki Road and Menesi Road – to teach wine-production technologies.
- Pilot plant for processing food – to teach operational elements of food preservation technologies.
- Pilot beer plant – to teach the technology for beer making.
Graduated student’s options
The students of the master’s degree program initially can join in the work of the following scientific workshops in the fields of food engineering, food science, and food business:
- Automation, food industry and environmental operations.
- Strategic development in the food trade.
- Analytics and quality assurance in the food industry.
- Technologies and new preservation procedures in the food industry.
- Procedures of the fermentation industry.
- Microbiology, biotechnology, and food safety.
For more information, please visit our website: http://www.uni-corvinus.hu/index.php?id=57853
About the School
With its more than 1,7 million inhabitants, Budapest is the capital and the biggest city of Hungary. The city is situated along the two banks of the Danube, on the left hand side Pest and on the right ... Read More