MSc Finance is a one-year, full-time programme with a proven track record in getting students the best jobs in the finance industry such as investment banking, asset management and consultancy.
The programme provides a unique combination of the latest research, practical application and a broad range of topics. On this CFA partner programme, you will learn from leading practitioners and world-class faculty how to put the latest academic thinking and business strategies into practice.
After completing core modules to develop your financial base, you have the opportunity to customise your degree to meet your personal career ambitions through electives. Your choice of electives includes which allow you to experience finance in a different economy.
Our dedicated Careers and Professional Development Service will work with you to identify and achieve your career goals by providing provide highly relevant and unlimited one-to-one support, as well as regular workshops and networking opportunities.
You will study foundation modules in September that introduce the tools of modern finance and enhance your career development skills.
Example Foundation modules:
- Application of Matlab to Science
- Business Valuation
- Financial Modelling
- Markets and Securities
- The Finance Industry
Core modules build rapidly on previous experience while introducing new and challenging disciplines.
Example core modules:
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Econometrics
- Investment and Portfolio Management
- Macro Finance
- Mathematics for Finance
Tailor your learning to meet your career ambitions and match your interests through a choice of electives. Example electives:
- Advanced Company Valuation
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Advanced Financial Statistics
- Applied Trading Strategies
- Advanced Options Theory
- Asset Allocation and Investment Strategies
- Banks, Regulation and Monetary Policy
- Behavioural Investment Management
- Big Data in Finance
- Corporate Strategy and Dynamic Competition
- Credit Risk
- Fixed Income Securities
- International Finance
- Law and Capital Market Dealing
- Macro and Finance for Practitioners (international elective)
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Introduction to Algorithmic Trading (international elective)
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Real Estate Investment
- Structured Credit and Equity Products
- Topics in Fintech Innovation
- Wealth Management and Alternative Investments
In the spring and summer terms, you will choose between undertaking two types of projects, in order to develop specialist skills and subject knowledge to benefit your future career. You can either pursue an Applied Project together with an additional elective, or a traditional Research Project.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 8, 2018