The International Master of Science in Finance is a full-time, two-year programme that provides a highly advanced qualification in the finance field plus one-year for research and writing a dissertation. It is designed for students who intend to pursue a career in the financial services industry or in the field of corporate finance.
The Master's in Finance gives you a strong background in the theoretical underpinnings of finance, while offering intensive applied training aimed at developing skills for active interaction in the finance world.
The Master's in Finance at IBS will enhance your career prospects, give you exposure to a faculty with a worldwide reputation, and provide you with a cutting - edge knowledge of finance in classes that teach you how to apply what you have learned.
The emphasis of the programme is specialization and flexibility. Half of the courses are electives, which allows students to better tailor the programme to their own career objectives.
Why Choose the Master's (MSc.) in Finance at IBS?
The International Master's Degree in Finance is a full-time, two-year programme that provides a highly advanced qualification in the finance field. It is designed for students who intend to pursue a career in the financial services industry or in the field of corporate finance. The Master's in Finance gives you a strong background in the theoretical underpinnings of finance, while offering intensive applied training aimed at developing skills for active interaction in the finance world. Our graduates have earned an excellent reputation in the corporate sector for their outstanding quantitative and technical skills.
Studying for a Master's in Finance at IBS offers you:
- Enhanced career prospects: Graduates successfully leverage the skills and knowledge gained from their degree to embark on careers in their sector of choice. The Master in Finance has been accepted into the CFA Institute University Recognition Program. This status is granted to institutions whose degree programs incorporate at least 70% of the CFA candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK), which provide students with a solid grounding in the CBOK and positions them well to sit for the CFA exams.
- Specialization and flexibility: Half of the courses are electives, which allows students to customize the programme so that it focuses on areas of particular relevance to their chosen careers.
- First-hand financial experience: During the programme there will be a finance agenda that will offer regular presentations made by companies, workshops on financial information systems such as Bloomberg and Reuters, and case analyses.
- International experience. A mid-week residential stay in Madrid will give students direct contact with companies and institutions in the local financial industry and provide them with additional international exposure.
- Contact with a world-class faculty: The finance faculty is made up of leaders in the field of financial research who have published in some of the world's most distinguished journals. They will provide students with a cutting-edge education in finance in classes that put a premium on how to apply their knowledge to real settings.
- Preparation for the business arena: During the programme, students will be able to attend a personal soft skill development programme and career management training designed to upgrade their global skills, improving their prospects for a successful future career.
- Financial data lab: Among European schools, IBS has one of the most comprehensive financial databases - a resource that includes free access to Wharton Research Data Services, Compustat, Worldscope, CRSP and more complete information systems such as Bloomberg and Reuters. Through its financial database, students will have a chance to do data simulating and modelling, apply theory to the real financial world and develop applied projects using unique data sets.
The globalised nature of modern business means that companies increasingly seek to recruit managers that possess specialized international expertise and the necessary skills to perform at a high level in multicultural, global settings.
ISCTE Business School is one of the leading business schools in Portugal and offers you an opportunity to master the skills of international management in a multicultural environment.
The programme is taught in English and is open to internationally oriented students with a Bachelor's degree in the area of Management or with relevant experience in international business. This highly competitive academic programme prepares students to act in global business enterprises and internationally-connected organisations.
The tuition for the whole programme is 6,850€:
5,250€ in the 1st academic year and 1,600€ in the 2nd academic year (dissertation year).
In the first year, the tuition fee can be paid either in one lump sum or spread over nine installments.
Application Process 2018/2019
- A bachelors degree awarded by a university or institution of higher education;
- Proficiency in the English language;
- The results of an applicant's GMAT or GRE exam, although not mandatory, may enhance their chances of being accepted;
- Two recommendation letters;
- A motivation letter;
- Diploma and Transcript of Records.
Upon request from the Admissions Office you should send (copies in paperandfiles with scanned documents):
A copy of your official Bachelor degree certificate and any other degrees mentioned in the application form (if applicable)* Academic transcripts of courses and marks (if applicable) Two original photos Copy of your ID Card or Passport (and if applicable of Fiscal Identity Number) GMAT Score – optional *
*In cases where a Diploma is not available but the graduation is expected before September 2017 – we ask students to sign a Declaration of Commitment. The Bachelors diploma must be provided no later than mid-September.
*The presentation of the GMAT score may enhance the value of your application, and may be obligatory in certain cases.
Test results should be sent directly by the ETS (Educational Testing Service) to ISCTE-Business School.
Tel.:(+351) 210 464 225
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 11, 2017