The MSc Finance programme is research-oriented with emphasis on providing you with the tools to solve the practical financial problems that will create value for companies and enable societies to evolve.
You will get wide theoretical knowledge in both corporate finance and asset pricing as well as quantitative skills that will allow you to conduct research and analyze real-world problems. The study of financial economics and banking will allow you to excel in both the finance and economics fields. Contemporary topics will be integrated throughout the programme in order to better understand human behaviour in financial markets.
Throughout the programme, traditional academic modules will alternate with research seminars, discussions with academic staff and visiting researchers, and meetings with representatives from the financial markets. This will ensure an integrated and concrete learning environment with strong connections to the real world.
The programme is a perfect fit for individuals looking to enhance theoretical knowledge, quantitative and analytical skills and improve career opportunities. It will make use of cutting-edge textbooks and materials published in the field.
Unique selling points
- Have the opportunity to apply for teaching and research assistantships within International Business School and across the University during your studies.
- Listen to and meet high-profile people from the management world as well as attend.
- networking events with local employers and events organised by recruiting organisations on campus.
- Graduates of this programme, as with all XJTLU masters degrees, earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognised by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
Knowledge and skills
MSc Finance will equip you with:
- comprehensive knowledge of contemporary financial and economic theories and their application to the challenges that face organisations today.
- academic knowledge and skills, as well as ‘softer’ business skills that employers value, such as emotional intelligence, creative thinking and high-impact communication.
- Advanced corporate finance
- Advanced investments
- Advanced derivatives
- Financial economics
- Money and banking
- Time series analysis
- Alternative investments and strategies
- Macroeconomic theory
Additional learning activity modules
The MSc Finance programme is designed to support career entry and development in the financial sectors within world financial markets, multinational corporations, investment banks, asset management companies, banks, non-financial companies, government agencies and consultancies as well as in other financial institutions. It also prepares students for doctoral studies and an academic career.
RMB 120,000 for the entire 18 month full-time programme.
University tuition fees cover the cost of your study with us.
An undergraduate degree (UK 2:1 or equivalent) in finance, accounting, economics, management, science or engineering and some understanding of quantitative methods, statistics or econometrics.
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 (minimum of 5.5 in all sections)
- TOEFL iBT: 90 (minimum of 21 in any skill)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 27, 2018