Ranked as a top 10 UK Master’s in Finance by the Financial Times (2018), the Finance and Management MSc provides a solid grounding in finance and management principles, rigorous training in relevant tools and techniques, and demonstrates how to apply them practically in the global workplace.
- Start date: 30 September 2019
- Duration: One year full-time
- Delivery: Taught modules 60%, individual project 40%
- Qualification: MSc
- Study type: Full-time
- Campus: Cranfield campus
Who is it for?
- Graduates with a desire to develop their knowledge and skills in finance and management before seeking their first professional role
- Professionals with work experience in the area of finance or management who are seeking to take their career to the next level
- Individuals who want to be taught by faculty who have experience in business and industry and can bring their knowledge to the programme
Why this course?
More than just an academic institution, Cranfield School of Management’s world-class research, expertise and teaching result in practical management solutions that are transforming the world of business today. For 50 years, we have been working with leading companies across the globe, pursuing our mission to improve the practice of management.
Our Finance and Management MSc is distinctive in covering the principles, tools and techniques of both finance and management, as well as how to apply them in real work situations. You will gain an in-depth understanding of financial and management accounting, economics, international financial markets, statistical analysis, financial modelling and corporate financial management.
The programme of study is distinct and unique in the way that it provides a link between the School and the business community. You will be taught by faculty with experience of the real world of finance and business, together with practitioners from different areas of finance.
Modules focus on real-world challenges and include a combination of case studies, participative exercises, interactive lectures and group projects. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and get ready to face the professional world, through attendance at regular seminars and speeches.
Our classes are small and each academic tutor has no more than five students in any one cohort, ensuring close contact continuous interaction.
Studying this course will enable you to work in a range of financial roles across a variety of organisations worldwide. With students and academics from over 50 countries, the Finance and Management MSc is truly international. High standard content and fruitful discussions about its application within different cultures and geographical areas prepare you for working in every part of our increasingly globalised world.
Informed by Industry
An external advisory panel informs the design and development of the course, and comprises senior finance practitioners, reinforcing its relevance to the modern financial world. Our faculty are also supported by a team of international visiting industry speakers and professors who bring the latest thinking and best practice into the classroom.
The course comprises 10 core modules and four elective modules. This enables you to tailor the programme of study to suit your personal career plan. Throughout the course, you will have access to a highly effective infrastructure including Bloomberg live financial news and data, DataStream, FAME and EBSCO, and use real-world, international case studies to support your learning. The culmination of the learning process is your opportunity to undertake an empirical research project for your individual thesis.
You will undertake an empirical research project for your individual thesis, enabling you to apply the knowledge and skills you have learnt during the course. This provides the opportunity to work in an original way and may involve undertaking a research project for one of our industrial partners on a real-world challenge.
Taught modules 60%, individual project 40%
95% of School of Management students were employed within 3 months of graduation*.
The Cranfield Career Development Service offers a comprehensive service to help you develop a set of career management skills that will remain with you throughout your career.
During your course, you will receive support and guidance to help you plan an effective strategy for your personal and professional development, whether you are looking to secure your first management role, or wanting to take your career to the next level.
Cranfield graduates are highly valued in the job market and aim for careers in investment banking, financial services or the financial function of a diverse range of global corporations. Our Finance and Management MSc graduates have secured jobs with organisations including PricewaterhouseCoopers, Barclays Investment Bank, Bloomberg, Bank Indonesia, Lloyds Banking Group, Credit Agricole, Diageo, Ernst & Young, Thomson Reuters, Toyota, UBS and Morgan Stanley. Their roles have included Data Analyst, Financial Planner, Consultant, Private Equity Analyst and Financial Risk Manager.
*based on those students for whom we hold data, across all School of Management full-time master's courses (2015/16 cohort).
Cranfield University welcomes applications from students from all over the world for our postgraduate programmes. The Home/EU student fees listed continue to apply to EU students.
- Home-EU: £23,000
- Overseas fees: £25,000
- The fees outlined apply to all students whose initial date of registration falls on or between 1 August 2019 and 31 July 2020.
- All students pay the tuition fee set by the University for the full duration of their registration period agreed at their initial registration.
- For self-funded students, a non-refundable £1,000 deposit is payable on offer acceptances and will be deducted from your overall tuition fee.
- Additional fees for extensions to the agreed registration period may be charged.
- Fee eligibility at the Home/EU rate is determined with reference to UK Government regulations. As a guiding principle, EU nationals (including the UK) who are ordinarily resident in the EU pay Home/EU tuition fees, all other students (including those from the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) pay Overseas fees.
We welcome applications from talented candidates of all backgrounds and each application is considered on its individual merit. Usually, candidates must hold either a:
- first or a second-class UK honours degree in a relevant discipline, or
- international degree - equivalent of UK qualifications.
Candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered if they have a professional qualification (e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA) together with 5 years' post-qualification relevant work experience. Other relevant qualifications, together with significant experience, may be considered.
We accept a range of qualifications from different countries.
If you are currently studying at a Chinese university, please view our specific entry requirements for further study at Cranfield School of Management.
Exposure to quantitative subjects
Exposure to quantitative subjects (mathematics, statistics, engineering, economics etc.) from previous studies or work experience is essential for this course.
If you are an international student you will need to provide evidence that you have achieved a satisfactory test result in an English qualification. Our minimum requirements are as follows:
- IELTS - 6.5 overall and 6.5 in the writing component
- TOEFL - 92 and a writing score 21
- Pearson PTE Academic - 65
- Cambridge English Scale - 180
- Cambridge English: Advanced - C
- Cambridge English: Proficiency - C
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English III - pass
In addition to these minimum scores, you are also expected to achieve a balanced score across all elements of the test. We reserve the right to reject any test score if any one element of the test score is too low.
We can only accept tests taken within two years of your registration date (with the exception of Cambridge English tests which have no expiry date).
Students requiring a Tier 4 (General) visa must ensure they can meet the English language requirements set out by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and we recommend booking an IELTS for UKVI test.
Applicants who do not already meet the English language entry requirement for their chosen Cranfield course can apply to attend one of our Presessional English for Academic Purposes (EAP) courses. We offer Winter/Spring and Summer programmes each year to offer holders.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 30, 2018