The programme provides you with a detailed understanding of modern business principles, techniques, and contextual conditions, paying particular attention to international finance.
You will receive an introduction to contemporary business and management issues, as well as gaining an informed understanding of environmental and historical influences on business and management practice. This programme will enhance your ability to interpret data, compile reports of key findings and make recommendations to meet the needs of an organization.
Ideal for graduates with a degree in a business, economics or finance/accounting related discipline (minimum good UK honors degree 2:2), this programme has been designed for those seeking to develop a financial management career in either the public or private sector.
You will study topics relating to international finance processes and there will be an emphasis on assessing performance management, risk, and management accounting. You will have the opportunity to engage with current business issues through specialist input and the completion of an independent study.
During your studies, you may have the opportunity to participate in:
- Industry visits to real companies
- Short-term internships with local employers
- Live business projects for real clients
Features and benefits
- You will be taught in the internationally recognized multi award-winning Business School on All Saints Campus.
- Teaching staff on this programme are highly experienced practitioners and active researchers in their fields.
- All graduates from the MSc Finance and Business course will be eligible to sit the CIMA Gateway paper which will fast-track them to the CIMA Strategic Level. The route requires you to sit a single three-hour exam in either May or November each year. It assesses your knowledge of the material covered in the management level of the CIMA Professional Qualification. Once you have passed, you will be awarded the CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting and be granted exemptions from all certificate, operational and management level exams in the CIMA Professional Qualification. Then by sitting three strategic level papers and TOPCIMA (and relevant work experience), it will lead to students becoming CIMA qualified accountants.
- As a student of the AFE Department, you will have complimentary access to Bloomberg, the leading global platform used by the worlds leading banks, corporations and government agencies for news, data, analytics, and research.
- Use of the University's online learning portal (Moodle) to provide additional learning materials, links to library materials or other websites of interest, communication and an aid to discussions.
Our postgraduate programmes aim to combine academic knowledge from leading research in the area with the professional skills that employers are seeking.
Our research in business and law brings together a number of synergistic research centers and knowledge clusters and our doctoral school of Ph.D. researchers who work with teaching staff on the design of the programme.
- Performance Management and Control
- Corporate Finance
- Critical Perspectives on Ethics and Sustainability
- Governance, Risk and Forensic Accounting
- Corporate Strategy
- Masters-level Learning
Choose one from a list including:
- Advanced Finance
- International Business Acquisitions
- Business Analytics
- Project Management Framework
- Project Management Systems
- Critical Perspectives on Entrepreneurship
- Global Strategic Innovation
- Financial Analytics
- Internship Project
- Live Client Brief
- Uni-wide Language
Please note: optional units are subject to demand and timetabling.
Graduates from this programme have successfully developed rewarding careers in a number of sectors and industries. Recent graduates from this programme have taken up roles in the industry including:
- Finance Director at Global Forex
- Accountant at Saudi Geological Survey
- Consultant at PricewaterhouseCoopers
You will be well placed to move into the finance function of both large and small organizations in the private and public sector. Alternatively, you may prefer to seek work in financial analysis, international asset management, securities, and investments or commercial lending. A career in management consultancy is also viable for graduates from this programme.
Normally a good UK honors degree (minimum 2:2), or international equivalent, in a business, economics or finance related subject.
Applicants whose first language is not English (and whose first degree was not taught in English) are required to produce evidence of English Language proficiency to TEFL minimum score 575 (minimum 4.0 in written test) or IELTS minimum score 6.5.
There’s further information for international students on our international website if you’re applying with non-UK qualifications.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 28, 2018