MSc Finance & Accounting is a one-year, full-time programme, accredited by both ACCA and CIMA, ideal for students who are looking for roles in the finance industry such as investment banking and professional services.
Taught by outstanding academics and leading practitioners, the programme will provide you with a thorough grounding in the theory of finance and an understanding of the practical elements of the finance and accounting industry.
A wide variety of electives allow you to personalise the programme to match your own interests and fit your specific career goals. In the spring and summer terms, you will choose between two types of research projects, in order to develop specialist skills and subject knowledge to benefit your future career.
Our dedicated Careers and Professional Development Service will work with you to identify and achieve your career goals by providing provide highly relevant and unlimited one-to-one support, as well as regular workshops and networking opportunities.
You will have access to software facilities including Bloomberg terminals, Reuters Eikon, Datastream and Matlab in two bespoke computer labs.
You will study foundation modules in September that introduce the tools of modern finance and enhance your career development skills.
Example Foundation modules:
- Accounting and Valuation
- Application of Matlab to Science
- Financial Modelling
- Markets and Securities
- The Finance Industry
Core modules build rapidly on previous experience while introducing new and challenging disciplines.
Example core modules:
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Applied Econometrics
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Financial Management and Strategy
- Fundamentals of Derivatives
- Financial Accounting
- Investment and Portfolio Management
- Management Accounting
Tailor your learning to meet your career ambitions and match your interests through a choice of electives. Example electives:
- Advanced Company Valuation
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Advanced Financial Statistics
- Banks, Regulation and Monetary Policy
- Corporate Law and Corporate Tax Strategy
- Corporate Strategy and Dynamic Competition
- Enterprise Risk Management
- International Finance
- Law and Capital Market Dealing
- Macro and Finance for Practitioners (international elective)
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Real Estate Investment
- Structured Credit and Equity Products
- Topics in Fintech Innovation
In the spring and summer terms, you will choose between undertaking two types of projects, in order to develop specialist skills and subject knowledge to benefit your future career. You can either pursue an Applied Project together with an additional elective, or a traditional Research Project.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 8, 2018