Ranked #4 in the U.S. by the Financial Times, the program effectively integrates technology into the curriculum to give graduates a competitive edge in the job market. Our world-class Hughey Center for Financial Services is well equipped with state-of-the-art hardware, access to best-of-breed databases, and simulation software programs — all of which enable a mastery of the tools and techniques used in the industry today. The program offers two paths to choose from: a finance path and a financial analytics path. The new 10 course, STEM-designated Financial Analytics track has a mathematical and capital market focus that will appeal to students interested in risk analysis, risk management, compliance, investment, and financial technology. Depending on prior education and experience, students may be required to take up to four pre-program foundation courses.
Developed in collaboration with the corporate community, the Master of Finance degree at the Bentley Graduate Business School integrates mathematics, economics, accounting, and associated disciplines with the theories and applications of finance.
In addition to gaining a firm foothold in financial theory, students develop the ability to analyze the relevant issues, consider options, and make informed decisions. Much like today’s workplace, the master's in finance curriculum is infused with technology which gives graduates a competitive edge in the job market. The program was recently recognized by the CFA Institute under the University Recognition Program, signifying the abundance of real-world material preparing students to be successful in their CFA examinations. The Bentley MSF is also an academic partner with the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) for their Financial Risk Manager (FRM) designation, which is the leading certification in the field of quantitative risk analysis.
The Bentley Master of Finance degree offers students:
- The Bentley MSF has two paths. The first is a 10-course Finance path and can be completed in 9 to 15 months. The second is a new 10-course Financial Analytics path that has more of a mathematical and capital markets focus. The Financial Analytics path is a STEM designated program which under current regulations allows international students to apply for a total of three years of OPT upon graduation.
- Flexible course schedules that provide students the opportunity to complete the program in either 12 or 16 months depending on their preference.
- Hands-on experience in the Trading Room, exposing them to the hardware, software, and other applications used by today’s financial managers.
- Insight from business partners who visit classes, as well as the opportunity to develop relationships with those partners.
- An opportunity to join the Bentley Investment Group (BIG), a student-managed investment firm that invests on behalf of the Bentley University endowment.
- Longstanding recruiting and placement relationships with regional and national firms; state, local and federal government agencies; and leading corporations around the world.
- A strong alumni network that aids your job search and career advancement.
Bentley enjoys longstanding recruiting and placement relationships with regional and national firms; state, local and federal government agencies; and leading corporations around the world. In addition, our graduates become members of a strong alumni network that aids your job search and career advancement.
Students in the Masters of Finance degree program acquire skills in financial analysis and decision-making that provide a rock-solid career foundation.
In recent years, graduates have landed positions in consulting, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, market research, accounting and real estate, with 90 percent employed within three months of graduation. The average salary is more than $96,000.
Companies employing recent Bentley Masters of Finance degree graduates include:
- EMC Corp.
- Federal Express
- Fidelity Investments
- Goldman Sachs
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- State Street Corp.
- Application Fee
- 2 Essays
- GMAT or GRE Scores (may be waived for qualified students)
- TOEFL/IELTS Scores for International Students (may be waived for qualified students)
- Two Letters of Recommendation
Application opens September 1 of the prior year.
Fall (Full-Time and Part-Time)
- November 15: Round 1
- January 15: Round 2
- March 15: Round 3
- May to August: Rolling Admission*
Spring (Full-Time and Part-Time)
- November 1: Priority deadline for full-time students
- September to December: Rolling Admission for part-time students
*Students seeking visas for the fall term should apply by July 1
About the School
Bentley University is one of the nation's leading business schools, dedicated to preparing a new kind of business leader and one with the deep technical skills, the broad global perspective and the hi ... Read More