- Finance specialisation
- Strong class network
- Proven career track record
- Highly trained faculty
What is the course about?
This programme combines specialist knowledge and a practical understanding of finance with research into the financial services industry. It focuses, in particular, on corporate finance and the investment markets.
The MBS in Finance aims to advance your understanding of finance theory and practice and its relevance in the marketplace. It encourages you to develop creative and analytical approaches to problem-solving and to enhance your interpersonal and leadership skills.
What will you learn?
You will acquire a strong understanding of financial processes and procedures and develop the skills necessary for a career in finance.
How will you benefit?
You will develop a comprehensive understanding of financial theory and a mastery of econometrics, which are highly valued by employers in the financial services sector.
The MBS in Finance from UCD Smurfit School gives you specialist training in the financial services area.
You must complete the core modules. You then have the option of either a dissertation or an additional two "option" modules, together with a research essay.
The core modules in the MBS in Finance programme give you a strong understanding of econometrics and pricing methodologies. They include:
- Corporate Financial Management
- Strategic Finance
- Capital Markets
- Financial Asset Valuation
- Financial Econometrics
- Portfolio Management
- Applied Time Series Econometrics
If you opt to do the additional two modules with a research essay, you can choose from a number of subjects which may include:
- International Finance
- Real Estate Portfolio Management
- Management of Financial Institutions' Fixed Income Securities
- Regulations, Corporate Governance and Ethics in Financial Services: New Management Perspectives
The programme is aimed at those with a business or business-related background who want to pursue a career in the financial services sector. It is available to those wanting to study full-time or part-time. Part-time study classes are scheduled throughout the day and evening during the week so employer support is essential.
You will need:
- A minimum second-class honours degree in business or a finance related area.
- An honours Higher Diploma in Business Studies.
- A primary degree with a minimum of three years’ work experience in Finance.
- If English is not your native language, unless you have done your primary degree in English, an English language qualification is required (eg: IELTS/TOEFL). IELTS – an overall score of 6.5, with a minimum of 6 in each section. TOEFL – a minimum of 100 on the internet-based test, or 250 on the computer-based test; or 600 on the paper-based test.
- The MBS Programme conforms fully with European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) and consists of 90 ECTS.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 30, 2018